Mar-Train homing in on International success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mar-Train homing in on International success
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

Mar-Train racing head into their home International, the Ulster Grand Prix this week hoping to secure a ‘big bike’ podium to reward a season of development work. The Lisburn based team took on the mantle of Official Yamaha UK road race team this season and with it a two year project to develop the YZF-R1M. This development has started to bear fruit recently with Dean Harrison racking up podiums at the Southern 100, Cock O’ The North and Armoy races in July.

With their haulage firm’s headquarters no more than ten miles from the start line of the historic Dundrod circuit Tim and Sonya Martin are keen to add an International win to the two National wins they achieved back in 2007 with Denver Robb. Hopes were high with Harrison at last year’s event but a crash at Ireland bends in the opening Supersport race left the Bradford man with a broken wrist which effectively finished his season.

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“We’ve had a great run up to the Ulster with three solid events and performances since the TT. We now have a superbike Dean is confident to push on and the confidence and expectation within the camp is growing with each event. We will have a lot of local support and sponsors with us this week so it would be fantastic to put on a show and get a good result for them. Competition will be tough but the races are always close around Dundrod and I am confident Dean will be in the mix come the end.”

Rider – Dean Harrison

“The Ulster is one of the best circuits there is, really fast and flowing which suits my style. It will suit the R1M as well and with the improvements we made at Armoy we shouldn’t be far away. I should have won the superstock race last year and was in the hunt on the six hundred before my off so I’m looking forward to getting out and getting stuck in. It’s the last chance for an International win for this year so I’ll be giving it everything.”

Practice takes place on Wednesday and Thursday with the Dundrod 150 races on Thursday evening and a full programme of Ulster Grand Prix races on Saturday.
[Image: martrainpreugp1.jpg]
04-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply