Peter Hickman looking to make impression
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Peter Hickman looking to make impression
[Image: hickyatdundrod.jpg]
Peter Hickman on the Briggs Equipment BMW at Dundrod

Louth’s Peter Hickman expects to build on his impressive Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix bow last year on his return to Dundrod.

The British Superbike rider earned the top newcomer accolade a year ago at the ‘World’s Fastest Road Race’ with James Cowton, taking victory in the Dundrod 150 Challenge race and setting the fastest ever lap by a newcomer at 131.198mph.

Hickman will again ride a BMW S1000RR Superstock machine under the Briggs Equipment banner and also competes in the Supersport class on an MV Agusta 675 supported by Iron Maiden-owned beer brand, Trooper Ale.

He was in excellent form again at the Isle of Man TT in June, lapping at 131.626mph on his way to seventh place in the Senior race in only his second appearance on the Mountain Course.

Hickman has made a stunning transition to road racing since trying his luck at the international meetings for the first time in 2014 and is quietly optimistic he can be in a position to challenge for his maiden international victory between the hedges on Saturday in the right conditions.

“If everything falls into place with the bike and the conditions the podium is definitely possible and I’d like to be in the position to push for the win. I really enjoyed myself last year. The track seems to suit my style as there are lots of long, flowing corners.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
06-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Website Find Reply