Cummins second in Dundrod 150 Superbike race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cummins second in Dundrod 150 Superbike race
[Image: hondaroadracinglogo.jpg]

Honda Racing’s Conor Cummins placed his Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP second in yesterday’s Dundrod 150 Superbike race at the Ulster Grand Prix.

Dubbed ‘the world’s fastest road race’ the 2015 Ulster GP kicked off with practice starting on Wednesday 5 August, which saw Cummins from Ramsey on the Isle of Man record the second fastest time on the CBR with an 115.459mph lap – the session was untimed due to wet weather.

On Thursday Superbike qualifying took place in the afternoon after a day of delays due to a number of red flags in other sessions, with the ‘Ramsey Rocket’ qualifying in 11th place.

A good start off the line saw Cummins, 29, and his CBR machine move into sixth place and by lap three he was third. On the final lap race leader Guy Martin crashed out unhurt and Cummins moved into second place.

The race was red flagged following Martin’s highside and Cummins was confirmed in second place, behind race winner Bruce Anstey, also on CBR machinery with Padgetts Honda.

[Image: conoratulster3.jpg]

Conor Cummins:

I’m really happy with the result last night after we had a tricky qualifying session. It was hard to get a clear lap and we were in and out making changes during the session as I have never ridden the CBR round here so spent time getting a good setting in the time we had. I wasn’t overjoyed with qualifying and starting from 11th but that’s how the session went. I knew that for the race I had to focus and get a good start off the line, which I did and made up six places, I know the CBR’s strong so getting a good start was key. The pace was fast during the race and I did the best job I could and tried to stay with the lead group. I’m really happy with my riding, the lap speeds were good and the Honda was superb, we collected lots of data for the two Superbike races on Saturday and I can’t wait to get back out there! It was unfortunate and you never want a race to finish on a red flag, I hope that Guy is OK.

Neil Tuxworth:

The first Superbike race at the Ulster has been good for Honda with Conor second for Honda Racing, Bruce Anstey taking the win and Dan Kneen in fourth both riding for Padgetts Honda. It was a long day for everyone with the delays to the schedule and the race ended up being quite late in the day. Conor started from 11th on the grid, but got a good start and by the end of the first lap was running sixth. For Conor finishing second in the first race puts us in a good position going into Saturday’s two Superbike races and we hope we can bring home more silverware.

09-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply