NORRIE WHYTE----- +
Anonymous
Unregistered

NORRIE WHYTE----- +
I think Norrie deserved more from the MCN, in their obituary, considering he WAS the MCN for so many years..

Half-assed stories which in some cases made the big man look crude, were not the sort of memorial we can file away to remember a great irreplaceable journalist..

We did more on this Message Board to his memory..

What was MCN thinking about !!

I think we should erect a plaque somewhere on the Island for him....
27-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: NORRIE WHYTE----- +
How about a new seat in the 38th milestone, named after Norrie?
27-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with both postings , what MCN did , was an insult to a Legendary Reporter , and as Ian said WAS MCN for years.,and yes , i would like to see the Big man remembered on the Island.
27-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If we keep going down this road there wont be any original place names left.
No disrespect to him but just put a plaque in press room as that is where you found him
Also to go back a few weeks go to
<A HREF="http://www.manx.net">www.manx.net</A> then forums motorsport and see what the marshalls think and then have a read of Richard Britton on RRR.com see how well some riders come out of it

28-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

HELLO ERIC GOOD POINT LAST TIME I SAW NORRIE WAS IN THE PRESS ROOM MAYBE A PLAQUE ON THAT WALL NORRIE WAS HERE ??? CHEERS JAM
28-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS HELLO HELEN JR
28-09-2003, 05:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi John...when you two coming up, then?
28-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldnt purchase MCN any more but there is a great tribute to Norrie in this weeks Bikesport News, also i agree the big man should have some sort of memorial plaque.
28-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did not suggest renaming a part of the TT course, but I do strongly feel that Norrie did MORE than his bit for the TT and the Isle of Man.

He was in the Peter Kneale league but in a different "department"........

Therefore I think a plaque AT the press office,but externally, visible to the general public should be the answer..

Yes, we are in a danger of going "over the top" about our shrinking number of true TT followers but if we don't remember them, this new era will surely forget them...

In the press office were a collection of beer glasses given to the journalists over the years with their names engraved on them..
Where have they gone !!

A seat in the 38th is obviously "high regard" but not befitting Norrie as a journalist....

I think it is now time to put together a role of remembrance of the TT....

Morbid, no, sensationalistic, no, but the way things appear to be going, who will remember the 20th century TT series and what it was all about ???

28-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

JUST MY SENTIMENTS IAN HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN
29-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now THIS should have been on the THINK TANK agenda, not how much more they can squeeze out of the fans !!

I feel quite strongly about this and feel we who are from the "old school" should protect our past..

I am still astonished by people who were at this years TT who had not heard of Mike Hailwood !!!!

Now that IS sad.....

And what a small handful of people at the Graham Memorial to witness the dedication to Les.

Tradition.....What is it ???
29-09-2003, 05:23 PM