Shakey aiming to overhaul Brookes as Showdown beckons
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey aiming to overhaul Brookes as Showdown beckons
[Image: shakeyleadsbrookes.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne's 'strive for five' titles intensifies this weekend (18/19/20 September) as the MCE British Superbike Championship reaches the opening round of the Showdown at Assen and the defending champion has his sights set firmly on regaining the advantage.

Byrne arrives at the legendary Dutch circuit just two points adrift of arch rival Josh Brookes at the top of the standings and the PBM Kawasaki team have high hopes for the two races on Sunday.

Shakey said:

"We had a difficult few rounds but whenever things go bad I work even harder to turn it around and make it better. Before Oulton Park I worked so hard and so did the team and then we reaped the rewards with two wins. The last round was just what I needed on a personal level and showed that despite people questioning me and wondering if we had lost the plot, we were there and had never actually been away.

"I had been really frustrated and angry before Oulton Park because I knew I had worked as hard as I possibly could and was pushing to my maximum the whole time yet we had no speed. For that to be the case it left us questioning where is had gone wrong. Whilst it hasn't been fun, it was good for us - it made us dig deep and with a completely new bike built and all our handling issues sorted we were instantly back in the game. From the first laps of Oulton Park I was happy and the bike felt completely my bike again - much to my relief!

"Looking at Assen I am just treating it as the next two races that we need to try and win. I know that at every event I am riding the best I can and that is the only way to be if you want to win a title. I know how hard both myself and the team have been working and to be honest I am feeling really relaxed and in the best possible place to start the Showdown now. We go to every race wanting to win and this weekend is no different."

The 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship makes its annual trip overseas to Assen, Netherlands for the first round of the Showdown on 18/19/20 September.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Website Find Reply