GBMOTO RACING AND JAMES ELLISON REMAIN TOGETHER FOR THIRD TERM!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GBMOTO RACING AND JAMES ELLISON REMAIN TOGETHER FOR THIRD TERM!
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

The GBmoto Racing prepared JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are proud to announce that current MCE British Superbike Championship contender James Ellison will remain with the officially backed Kawasaki outfit for 2016, his third consecutive season with the team. The move show’s the team’s faith and commitment to the Cumbrian rider in his quest for the 2015 title as the Showdown begins and moving through to next season.

Joining the team in 2013 to front their switch to Kawasaki machinery, James Ellison proved an immediate success by taking a podium in his first race aboard the Ninja ZX-10R. A further six podiums followed before a horrific crash at Brands Hatch saw him break his femur, destroying his Championship challenge. A determined return came just 35 days later and his hard work paid off with podiums at Silverstone and the final round at Brands Hatch.  

As James used the winter to return to full fitness, GBmoto Racing used the time to further develop the Kawasaki machines. Arriving at the opening race with an improved package, the pairing proved a formidable duo by taking the opening race win of the year. A career first double win followed at Brands Hatch whilst another podium at the round at Oulton Park saw Ellison take the series lead. Disaster struck at round four however as a sudden downpour meant James was the first rider to reach a wet track, tumbling out of qualifying and breaking some ribs.

Fighting through the pain, James secured a podium at Brands Hatch before further bad luck at Thruxton saw an engine blow up in front of him, spraying oil over the bike and forcing him off track at high speed. The resulting crash concluded with a broken wrist, but despite missing Cadwell Park he retained third in the series and once again his incredible grit and determination was rewarded on his comeback race at Oulton with 2nd place, cementing his position in the Showdown.  

With three rounds remaining in 2015, James and the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team head into the Showdown ready to return to winning ways as they look to secure their first MCE British Superbike Championship title.

Speaking after signing with GBmoto for a third year, James Ellison said,

“I’m really, really excited to be remaining with Mark and the GBmoto team. 2016 will be our third year together and I know we have the package to challenge for the title – we have it this year, but unfortunately injury has put us on the back foot. The team is one of the best I’ve ever ridden for, I’ve got a great group of guys around me and Mark is always striving to take another step forward and some of the plans for next season are very impressive. 

Signing this early is a real momentum boost – I’m heading into the Showdown knowing my 2016 plans which is a massive weight off my shoulders. Usually you’re still worrying about the next season and riding for your job, whereas the pressure is off for us and I can ride without stress and just focus on the job at hand. I know the team has some big plans for the next year and I’m looking forward to helping them develop things over the winter – but first, we’ve got a BSB title to try and win this year!”

[Image: ellisoninaction.jpg]

GBmoto Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen said,

“It goes without saying that we’re very pleased to have retained the services of James Ellison for 2016. He is one of a very small group of riders, who I genuinely believe is capable of winning the MCE British Superbike Championship and he showed this year that we have the package to do just that. Two injuries through no fault of his own has meant that we haven’t been able to maintain the race winning pace we showed at the start of the year, but we know that James Ellison and the JG Speedfit Kawasaki are capable of running at the front right now and will be doing everything we can to ensure he can challenge for the title this season. It would be foolish to count us out at this stage, because I have a strong feeling, that we will be fighting for the title at Brands Hatch, come the last races of the year.

Every year, GBmoto Racing has been able to take a step forward and 2016 is looking set to be our biggest to date. We have some very exciting plans which we’ll unveil in due course and I’m confident with James and the team around him, we will be winning races and title contenders once again.”

James Ellison career highlights

2015 - British Superbike Championship – Showdown contender
2014 - British Superbike Championship (8th – missed eight races with injury)
2013 - British Superbike Championship (4th)
2012 - MotoGP
2011 - World Supersport Championship & British Superbike Championship
2010 - British Superbike Championship (7th)
2009 - British Superbike Championship (2nd)
2008 - British Superbike Championship (7th)
2007 - AMA series (11th)
2006 - MotoGP
2005 - MotoGP
2004 - British Superbike Cup Champion
2003 - European Superstock Championship (3rd). World Endurance Champion  
2002 - World Supersport Championship (18th)
2001 - European Superstock Champion
2000 - European Superstock Champion  

19-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Website Find Reply