Showdown spoiler Mossey: “I think another podium is definitely achievable”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Showdown spoiler Mossey: “I think another podium is definitely achievable”
[Image: mosseypresilverstone.jpg]

Rookie Luke Mossey returned to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship podium at Assen and the Quattro Plant Kawasaki rider is ready to pick up where he left off as the season reaches the penultimate round at Silverstone (2/3/4 October).

Mossey took on his more experienced rivals head on at the opening Showdown round at Assen to return to the podium, and with seventh place in the standings within striking distance, the Cambridge-based rider is ready for a replay of his pervious performance.

Mossey said:

"I knew we could be strong at Assen as its one of those circuits that really suits my style. Practice went well and I was happy with seventh in qualifying despite the crash - I felt it was probably due as I crashed more last year so expected one sooner or later!

"In race one we had a few issues which followed the crash and that was disappointing for me and the team. I hate those kind of conditions we had for race two but I felt confident and it built throughout the race. It was a gamble and I know I took a few risks but it paid off. We cracked it and I got third.

"I think we can keep that going into Silverstone now too and I look forward to finishing the last two rounds of the season on a high - I think another podium is definitely achievable too. I feel we have improved all year and sometimes you have to remind yourself it's your first season in BSB. I am constantly learning and we have more time, we just need to keep it going and keep moving forward so we are fighting for the podium every weekend."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
28-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Website Find Reply