Shakey: “I have no doubt we can beat Brookes again”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: “I have no doubt we can beat Brookes again”
[Image: shakeywithchampers.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne has vowed to strike back at the penultimate round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Silverstone this weekend (2/3/4 October) as the PBM Kawasaki team battle to retain their crown and celebrate a record fifth title.

Byrne holds an impressive record at the Northamptonshire circuit - in the past three seasons he has finished the six races in either first or second place. The four-time champion is preparing to come out fighting this weekend after missing out on the podium at the Assen Showdown opener and knows that he needs to add to his winning tally to close the deficit ahead of the season finale at his home round of Brands Hatch.

The PBM Kawasaki team arrive at Silverstone with high hopes following a positive test at Knockhill this week and are eager to get the event underway with free practice on Friday.

Shakey said:

"We started off Assen being the first of the Showdown rounds and as a team PBM Kawasaki expected to be strong at the faster tracks, like Assen and that the Showdown tracks should play into our hands a bit. However in reality we realised that the fast, flowing corners are where we are struggling at the moment and that is something as a team we are working hard together to resolve.

"Assen caught us a bit by surprise and we had a plan but the changing conditions definitely didn't help us. We could start in the dry, then the next session would be wet and that made it more difficult.

"We had a test before Silverstone so we can arrive at the next round in a better shape because nothing short of five wins is enough for me and the team. I am more than up for it and there should be no reason we can't fight for them. I am doing everything I can and so are the team to make it happen.

"I know how easy it is to see a lead disappear in the Showdown; I am not saying that will necessarily happen, but it is easy for things to turn around so quickly at this point of the season. I have no doubt that we can beat him again and you can guarantee I will be doing everything to make that happen."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
30-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply