Byrne To Remain At PBM For 2016
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne To Remain At PBM For 2016
[Image: pbmracing2015.jpg]

Defending MCE BSB champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will remain with the Paul Bird Motorsport team for 2016 whereby they will once again contest the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Byrne is the most successful rider in MCE BSB history and took his fourth title last year and this year is aiming for an unprecedented fifth MCE British Superbike title along with the Cumbrian-based team.

The deal continues the successful relationship into a fifth successive year which has seen 37-year-old Byrne, originally from London but now living in Kent, claim two titles in 2012 and 2014 as well as finishing second on the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki in 2013. He currently occupies second place in this year's title race going into the final two rounds.

[Image: shakeyingarage.jpg]

Shane Byrne:  

"The beauty of riding for PBM, and Paul and I having the kind of relationship we have, means there is no need to hold lengthy negotiations and after a five minute chat in the garage, we sorted the deal out. We both know we give each other 100% and I'm very happy with the people around me. We are about to enter a very exciting new chapter in PBM and I'm really excited to be a part of it."

Paul Bird, Team Owner:  

"Shakey wanted us and we wanted him so there was nothing much to discuss. We've known each other for long enough now and these things look after themselves. We are happy to remain in BSB as we had some options elsewhere and are delighted that Shakey will be on our bikes next season." 

Further announcements regarding the team's additional racing activities and commercial partnerships will be revealed in due course.

Image courtesy of Jon Jessop Photography:  Shane 'Shakey' Byrne in the garage at Silverstone

Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM) are winners of over 160 races in British Superbike Championship, MotoGP CRT, World Superbike Championship, 125cc, 250cc, Supersport British Championships, Superstock National Championships, Isle of Man TT, North West 200, Daytona, Macau GP, and British domestic races. Points scorers in 125cc, 250cc and 500cc GPs, Points scorers in World Supersport, podium finishers in WSB, Superpole winners in World Superbike. They are based at Langwathby near Penrith in Cumbria.

Key Successes

British Superbike Champions 2002/2003/2012/2014, British Supersport Champions 2002, British Superbike Rider's Cup Champions 2014, British 250cc Champions 1999, National Superstock 1000 Champions 2012, National Superstock 600 Champions 2011, Isle of Man TT winners 1999/2000/2015, Daytona winners 1999/2000, NW200 winners, Macau GP winners, WSB race winners, MotoGP CRT race winners. National Rally Champions 2005.

Paul Bird Motorsport in the British Superbike Championship 2000 - 2015

Races Entered:  471
Pole Positions:  50
Race Wins:  72
Podiums:  98
Fastest Laps:  61
Record Laps:  27

04-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Website Find Reply