BROOKES VICTORIOUS AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA WRAP UP 2015 SEASON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES VICTORIOUS AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA WRAP UP 2015 SEASON
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

Josh Brookes added to his tally of MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship wins to claim his 13th victory of his campaign at Brands Hatch today before celebrating his title victory in front of the huge crowd at the season finale.
In the second race of the weekend Brookes hit the lead on the sixth lap and then he held off the chasing pack to win in impressive style to claim his sixth win of the Showdown. However as he fought to make it a full house in the final race of the season, he crashed out unhurt at Graham Hill Bend, but the Australian was still able to celebrate the victory in style.

Smrz meanwhile claimed 14th place in the penultimate race of the weekend before ending his season a high in ninth place.

[Image: brookes2015champ.jpg]

Brookes said:

“I would have loved to have won all three races today. There’s been times when I’ve made reference to myself and Randy Mamola, the guy that’s famous for coming second. There were so many times that I went home from the racetrack, just thinking about what I could to combat Shakey Byrne and how I can stop coming second, and how I could improve something to make that step. Unfortunately for Shane, we’ve exchanges positions, and I’m able to enjoy the feeling that he’s had for so long.

“It kind of suited me to go out fighting in the last race; I had nothing to gain and was not prepared to run around in sixth place. I was going for the front, going as hard as I could and was just unlucky to clip the kerb and I went down – that was it. I couldn’t see through Michael Laverty; racing with Shakey all year, I can almost subconsciously judge where the apex of a corner is from his riding style. But at the end of the day, it is a case of job complete and I am the British Superbike Champion. This result is for the whole team for all their hard work this season.”

Smrz said:

"My start in race two was good but I got hit in the first and second turn and that cost me many positions. I recovered some places but then we had a problem with the rear brake disc and we were then looking forward to race three.

"I can't be unhappy with the last race; we were just three seconds behind the podium finishers. It was just a lack of dry track time that cost us. We have done a great job in just three race weekends and in the end we were really close to the podium finishes. Thanks to all of my sponsors, family, fans and team for the great support.”

19-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply