Quattro Plant Kawasaki announce exciting team line-up for 2016
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Quattro Plant Kawasaki announce exciting team line-up for 2016
[Image: quattroplant2016team.jpg]

Quattro Plant Kawasaki is delighted to announce today, Saturday 28th November 2015, its exciting line up for the 2016 season that will see the team expand its portfolio into two further classes.

The Bournemouth based team will retain the services of hot young prospect Luke Mossey for the 2016 British Superbike season, whilst welcoming Swedish rider Filip Backlund into their BSB set-up.

Ulsterman Andy Reid, who made his presence felt in the British Supersport class this season as a hard-charging rookie and debut winner, will join the team for his second season in the middleweight division aboard Quattro Plant prepared ZX-6R machinery.

Quattro Plant Kawasaki completes its short circuit line up having secured the services of 2015 British Sidecar Champions Ricky Stevens and Ryan Charlwood – who will be looking to repeat their championship winning season next term.

The team will also retain the services of James Hillier for the International Road racing events at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT. Last season, Hillier secured three podiums, two fourths and a sixth place finish earning him third in the 2015 TT riders’ championship. The Quattro Plant Muc-Off squad will also be the official entrant of Kawasaki UK for the 2016 roads season.

Leading BSB rookie in 2015, Luke Mossey, who secured two podium finishes on his way to seventh place overall in the championship standings, will continue to receive support from long term sponsors Tec-care. The 23-year-old’s ZX-10R will again be entered as the, Quattro Plant Tec-care Kawasaki.

Luke Mossey [British Superbike]:

“I’m delighted to be staying put with the Quattro Plant Tec-care Kawasaki team in 2016 and the goal will be to make the all-import top six Showdown. We made a decent show in the second half of this season and really started to find our feet in BSB. To stand on the podium at Thruxton and Assen was an amazing feeling and I want more of that in 2016. A big thanks to Tec-care for their continued support and I’m sure Pete and the whole Quattro Plant team share my lofty ambitions for 2016.”

Swedish ace Filip Backlund and inimitable Ulsterman Andy Reid, along with sidecar champions Ricky Stevens and Ryan Charlwood will have additional backing from Jon Thornes of Cool Milk. Their respective machinery will be entered under the, Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki banner.

Filip Backlund [British Superbike]:

“I’m really delighted to be part of the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki team for 2016. I have known Pete and his crew since my first season here in the UK in 2013. I have always had an eye on their good work, so for me to be part of that team now feels great. After my first year in BSB, our aim is to always fight inside the top ten, and where possible, try and put ourselves in the top six. I’m a racer and will always want to win – that is my goal and nothing can change that. I want to say a big thanks to all the partners and other people I have around me. Thank you for everything.”

Despite sustaining a wrist injury at Oulton Park in September, his pole position, fastest lap and race one victory has been enough to leave Andy Reid being talked of as a genuine British Supersport title contender in 2016.

Andy Reid [British Supersport]:

“I have to say first off: this is the best deal for me for 2016 and my only focus now, is preparing myself correctly to go and win next season’s British Supersport Championship. I’m familiar with the Quattro Plant team and I’ve ridden a ZX-6R before, so I know how good the chassis is. I’m honestly really excited to be working alongside Filip [Backlund], who is a former team-mate, and Luke [Mossey] who I’ve known for a long time. The whole team seem a great bunch and I’m so happy to be back in British Supersport – as that was always my goal for 2016. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. It’s very much appreciated.”

Ryan Charlwood [British Sidecar]:

“Both Ricky and I are over the moon to have signed for Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki for the 2016 season. As champions, the target is firmly on our backs, which has made us even more determined to retain our title. We have a long term relationship with Bournemouth Kawasaki and we look forward to building on this association in 2016 and helping deliver success for the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki team. We both want to say a big thank you to our long term sponsors: Cool Milk, Somrow Construction, Assured Office Solutions, The Tech Group & DFDS Seaways for their continued support.”

Quattro Plant Kawasaki will be looking to ensure podiums and wins in all three classes, with the team’s all-new 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike already taking shape in the trusty hands of long term crew chief Ray Stringer.

A European testing plan for 2016 is currently being planned prior to the official BSB pre-season tests, as team principal Pete Extance explained.

“2016 is going to be a hectic and hopefully successful season, with a third solo rider announced in the form of Andy Reid in the British Supersport class, as well as the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki sidecar crew.

“The sidecar crew will be self-contained, as per 2015, but will be part of the Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki team. It’s our first attempt at Supersport and we are really looking forward to working with Andy and hopefully putting him at the sharp end from the opening round, and ultimately pushing for the Supersport crown.”

Concluding, he said of his British Superbike duo:

“In BSB, Luke has settled well within our team and we really feel he has the potential to push at the front all season, which is an exciting prospect for us all. Filip has a lot to offer and we feel with good set up and a top crew around him, he will show his true potential in 2016.”

29-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply