Torres hints at Althea, Milwaukee alliance with BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Torres hints at Althea, Milwaukee alliance with BMW
[Image: jorditorres.jpg]

Jordi Torres has pointed towards a possible collaboration of effort between his new team Althea Racing and Shaun Muir's Milwaukee squad with the BMW S1000RR in World Superbikes.

After an impressive rookie of the year campaign in World Superbikes with Aprilia, Torres has switched to Althea Racing BMW for 2016 alongside Markus Reiterberger, while the Italian team is also preparing for a new challenge by ditching Ducati for the German manufacturer.

Torres says he is relishing the task of helping his new team develop the BMW into a race-winning package and is also intrigued to see how the new Milwaukee BMW squad with Josh Brookes and Karel Abraham will compare in 2016.

Milwaukee BMW, who is stepping up from British Superbikes after Brookes claimed this year's championship on the Yamaha R1, will carry the title of official BMW team in WSBK and Torres has hinted at a possible alliance between the two teams to develop the BMW machine.

“We will now see the commitment between teams that have the same brand of bike to develop and whether or not to share information,” Torres, who is competing at the Superprestigio in Barcelona, told worldsbk.com. “But I know Althea was very clear about how they do it and have very clear ideas about the evolution of BMW, they have a lot of experience as to what happens. I am more than confident that my team will take a good direction to be as far forward as possible.”

The former Moto2 race winner says he has enjoyed adapting to life with Althea Racing BMW since leaving the factory Aprilia squad, which is still yet to confirm its 2016 plans, and feels he is ready for the task of developing the German bike into a front-runner.

“Until now I've had a package that was already complete, on an Aprilia that was born only for racing,” he explained. “Now it's completely different. My chance to work and develop the bike, keep trying to improve it, people take me very seriously when I say what way we should go, I have to work and choose my words carefully.”

Althea Racing BMW ran a brief two-day test at Jerez last month before the winter testing ban came into action while Milwaukee BMW missed the opportunity for some early 2016 tests after the deal was completed later than expected.

12-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Website Find Reply