Old Programmes etc.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Old Programmes etc.
Without sounding gloomy i would like to know were to donate a lifetimes collection of programmes and photos when i finally depart from this world? please no silly answers as i would like this collection dating back to the fifties to go to a museum or similar.
23-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Old Programmes etc.
Hi Pykey
I intend leaving all my stuff to the RWThomson Memorial Room in Stonehaven. Its part of the Library, and commemorates the man who invented the pneumatic tyre.
What about Sammy Millers Museum, does he intend it to go on after him?
Presumably when we meet up in that afterlife we will be able to pop down from time to time to check our old things, when we have an argument about dates etc...oh...unless we end up in the H place where you only get scooters and mopeds...
23-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way
If anyone is looking for old programmes, there seem to be lots for sale on ebay at surprisingly low prices.
23-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: speaking of which!
Larry this programme is still in my posession for you! The Bob Mac memorial meeting from Cadwell! Please forward delivery details! Cheers John
23-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

scooters maybe ----- but it would be warmer
23-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CONSIDER THE T.T.RIDERS ASSOCIATION WHO HAVE A LIBERIAN FOR ALL ARCHIVE MATERIAL LEFT
23-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That seems like a really good idea.It would be a guarantee of long term safety, unlike smaller, local initiatives which may eventually close.
23-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, yes, Janet...no doubt you and I will find out!!
Are you coming up to Kelso this weekend for the Bongate Bikes/Brian Reid do? If you want to know more mail me.
23-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies on this subject i will consider all the options avilable.
23-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT KITSCH and BITS
Yes, it makes you think just what these items are really seriously worth now---I have loftful which I considered selling a while back on e-bay and on my own site, but it seems that they are only of value to those who actually have them...They don't seem to be collectors items anymore.

VERY SAD..

By the way, I have had a request from a fan for a 1979 TT badge..Can anyone help please...I still want to keep the one I have got...

I heard of a great TT and motorcycle racing collection being put on the dump recently, after someone local died...Dear God, I would have liked that lot !! But where would I put it ?? I reckon my collection will come through the rafters if I add anything else to it--p

So what is a mint 1979 TT programme worth then ????
Suggestions please...........Seriously !!
24-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just as an aside comment, I recently discovered that I have lost the little "Diamond" out of the centre of my treasured 1967 Diamond TT badge. I will try to find another bit of glass and have it set in the badge.

I wonder what they will come up with for the 2007, 100 years!
25-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

lost the diamond? SIMILAR DISASTER AT THE 1967 DIAMOND JUBILEE TT THE A.C.U. OR I.O.M.TOURIST BOARD PRESENTED EACH COMPETITOR WITH A DIAMOND TIE PIN.WITHIN A YEAR SOMEONE STOLE MINE.NEVER BOTHERED MUCH AT TIME BUT NOW WISH I STILL HAD IT
25-10-2003, 08:35 PM