MORE ACCOLADES FOR HICKY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MORE ACCOLADES FOR HICKY
[Image: hickybsnaward.jpg]

Louth racer Peter Hickman has been voted the BSN Roads Rider of the Year, polling more reader votes than the second and third-placed men put together.

Hickman, who had an outstanding season, became the eighth-fastest TT rider of all time with his 131.626mph lap in the Senior in only his second year on the Mountain Course. He also notched up a Superbike win at the Ulster and the Macau Grand Prix. Hickman polled 35.45 per cent of the vote to take top spot.

Ian Hutchinson took second place on 17.17 per cent, just ahead of roads legend John McGuinness with 13.37 per cent.

Fourth place went to Lee Johnston on 7.03 per cent while William Dunlop bagged fifth on 6.02 per cent.

The 28 year old Lincolnshire rider said:

“I am surprised and delighted to think that so many people have voted for me in the BSN awards. Thank you all for your support and I will do my best to live up to your expectations in the 2016 road race events.

“I am embarking on a new venture next year as I will be racing in the British Superbike Championship as well as the major road races with the GBmoto Racing Team riding the factory backed J G Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R. I’m really looking forward to getting the Kawasaki out on the Roads. It will be the first time I’ve ridden a different bike at the North West, TT and Ulster, but the new Superbike is an absolute weapon on paper and with factory support, I see no reason why it won’t relate to the course. To get the first win this
year was incredible, and although it takes a lot of luck I definitely think we’ll be able to challenge at the front in 2016!”

Hicky will commence a series of pre season tests with his new team after Christmas to prepare for the start of the 2016 British Superbike championship with the first round set for Silverstone on April 10.

Courtesy of
Helen Pask
Press Officer
Peter Hickman Racing
24-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Website Find Reply