Lowes to participate in Jerez test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes to participate in Jerez test
[Image: patayamahahdr.jpg]

Pata Yamaha rider Alex Lowes has been given the green light to take part in the World Superbike test at Jerez next month.

Lowes suffered a dislocated shoulder during the last test at Jerez in November when he fell off his bike at Turn 3. The 25-year-old was subsequently forced to cut his testing short and will still be hampered when testing gets underway this year.

“Obviously I will not be 100 percent at Jerez but at least I will be able to get in some laps and evaluate how far away we are in terms of recovery,”

“The team have got some new parts which we need to try and even at not lap-record pace, I will be able to see how they work and whether we need to take them to Phillip Island.

“It’s disappointing to have to start the year like this but it can only get better from now on. The team has been working their a**es off to get us to this point, so that motivates me more to get out there."

Lowes finished 10th in the 2015 WSBK standings after only managing to secure one podium finish, which came in Race 2 at the Chang International Circuit in Buriram, Thailand.

The 2016 World Superbike season is scheduled to get underway on February 26 at Phillip Island in Australia.
16-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Website Find Reply