Concorde !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Concorde !
Not roadracing i know but its just been announced that concorde is coming to Scotland to the East Fortune museum of flight ! right next to the race circuit, and ten mins from us. Think a lot of tyres will need to be moved.....Work party volunteers Please ???
cheers,
Stella
30-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Concorde !
30-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent news !

Full details here:

<A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3227993.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3227993.stm</A>
30-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am only moving those tyres if I get a shottie...job for Jimmy Neil?
30-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just enough runway to bring it in, if they touchdown as near the end of the pits (entry to Esses) as possible, and hold tight up the pits, market car park across the road and into the microlight bit.

NOT looking forward to dismantling the Berlin Wall - I've seen the beasties that live in there!

I would assume they'll keep us posted - and if it flies in, Linton Straight will be very popular I guess (especially if that's where the bus is!).

As long as it's not the practice weekend, eh?

Di
30-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Am sure that Diana will keep us right but as far as i know they had planned to fly it in to land on the airstrip ??? I remember yrs ago my auntie taking Ross, Bryan and myself down to watch when they landed the massive Vulcan bomber..it was Mega !
30-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew you wouldn`t be far away Diana !
30-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

30-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

At maximum landing weight (110 tons) Concorde needs 1.3 miles to land (2.2km). At a speed of 187mph (300kph). It could be worth going out to watch!
31-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If only Harvey, you and I could name a few others too who'd work their hearts out and butts off to get the whole circuit done.

And one of the first comments would be 'but we liked the bumps'. Not so keen on slowing down chicanes though!

One way for the big bird to come in, means a lot of work, but some pennies for us too, the other means nothing, except for somewhere for all those early arrivals that turn up Wednesdays and Thursdays for the meetings to go see.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Diana
31-10-2003, 07:24 PM