Confident Haslam finds time on day three at Cartagena
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Confident Haslam finds time on day three at Cartagena
[Image: haslamspaintest.jpg]

Leon Haslam admits he is feeling confident of the progress made by the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team already at Cartagena, admitting that he had been working through a development plan and has yet to push for a one off fast lap time as he focuses on consistency over the opening days of the test.

The 'Pocket Rocket' waited until the morning of the penultimate day at Cartagena to test the SC0 tyre and shaved time off his best of yesterday, feeling confident that the team have taken another step forward this morning but knows that the main focus has to be consistency rather than a single flying lap.

Speaking after the morning sessions, Haslam said: 

"We have got a lot of components to test here and what is quite difficult here with the 20 minute four sessions so for us we have been planning that structure out so we get through it all, and I feel at the moment like we are getting through it all. Because we have a lot to test and it being back-to-back we have been doing a lot of it on the harder Pirelli rear tyre and this morning was the first time we used the softer tyre and straight away we found that half a second quite easily.

"We now have a few other components to test and a bit of the setting up of the fly-by-wire but hopefully we can do a whole session this afternoon to assess the tyre life as we have not really looked at that. I think so far everyone who has been doing faster times has been doing it in two laps and then dropping like a second a lap, where I feel that we are in a better position than that and the lap times are quite good. It is unknown as we don't know the pace of the other guys when it comes to distance is concerned by with my lap times we are pretty happy even though we haven't even pushed for that one off lap time yet.

"I feel like I have good experience but for me it is about being smart with the testing and development in so far as not worrying too much about lap times but at the same time you need to be somewhere close for the testing to be relevant. You still have to push as hard as you ever do but don't worry about throwing tyres at it and really look for the perfect lap. We want to be consistent and getting positive feedback and I feel that we are doing that and in a positive way. I am feeling quite happy."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
06-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Website Find Reply