Kiyo: “The Bennetts Suzuki feels like my bike now”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo: “The Bennetts Suzuki feels like my bike now”
[Image: kiyospaintest2.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari was one of the few riders who were able to post a faster time on the final day of testing at Cartagena as the three-time MCE Insurance British Superbike champion continued to get more comfortable with the Bennetts Suzuki in Spain.

Kiyonari and his side of the garage had focused their efforts on finding the best base setting for the Japanese contender who ended the final day feeling happy with the initial progress made during their first pre-season test. The team now head towards Guadix for one further Spanish test before returning to the UK and with an open pitlane structure, Kiyonari will be running through a programme of new parts to test on the GSX-R1000.

Kiyonari said: 

"We had a really good test with the four days at Cartagena. We tested many different set-ups to make me feel more comfortable on the bike with my riding style because I think every rider finds it different; Christian Iddon and Josh Waters last year, me and Tommy Bridewell, so that is why we have been testing a lot of changes. Me and my mechanic made a good plan to try and find the 'Kiyo set-up' and we have tried a lot and every day and in every session we have made progress. It has been little bit by little bit but it has been coming better step by step.

"On the last day we found a good direction in the final session, which should be good too for Guadix and our next test. I felt very happy after that session because the bike felt so much better and it feels like my bike. I was having so much fun with my riding and although we need to find more for the times we didn't push for that, this is just a test and there is still more from me and the team.

"I have enjoyed working with the team so far and with the new K-Tech suspension, it is only four days but we have made good progress. Guadix might be completely different but I have new parts to test there, because I didn't try them at Cartagena - like a different fork spec and different shock and that is exciting. It has been fun working with Tommy too and I am happy with everything so far."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
07-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply