Ellison and Hickman content after their opening day at Guadix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison and Hickman content after their opening day at Guadix
[Image: ellisonatguadix.jpg]

JG Speedfit Kawasaki's James Ellison and Peter Hickman began their Guadix test today (Wednesday) by completing some initial runs at the Spanish track and both riders improved their pace despite ending the day early.

Ellison and Hickman continued to work on the Showa suspension, with new springs arriving direct from Japan between the Cartagena and Guadix tests and the pair completed some initial laps to compare the new specifications.  

Ellison said: 

"Today was day one for me at Guadix as we didn't go out yesterday as the temperature was quite low. We got out and made good progress; we tried some different changes to the suspension and again we ended the day early as the conditions changed again. We got through quite a lot and posted some half decent lap times, although we are a bit off what we did last year when the temperature was higher. Tomorrow we want to try and get a bit of a better feeling on the front end and hopefully we can then try and push for some times at the end of the test and see what we can do."

Hickman added: 

"It was our first day today as the conditions were better and I felt really comfortable actually, probably the most comfortable I have felt on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki. We haven't changed too much, just a few things here and there, we have had Showa ship in some different springs since Cartagena and that really helped me out. I am really happy with where we are now and fingers crossed we can go a bit faster tomorrow."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Website Find Reply