Haslam holds the advantage after day two at Guadix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Haslam holds the advantage after day two at Guadix
[Image: haslamatguadix.jpg]

Leon Haslam set the pace in the unofficial times on day two in Guadix as the JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider continued to clock up the laps ahead of his return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship this season.

Haslam was one of the riders who completed the most laps on track, continuing to work through an extensive programme as he learns the MCE BSB specification Kawasaki. The Derbyshire rider was able to run consistent times and was the only rider to dip into the 1m:13s barrier.

Haslam said: 

"Day two at Guadix has gone really well and I have done just short of 100 laps even in the cold conditions so I am really happy. We have worked through a lot again today and at the end I was able to consistently run in the 1m:13s and only dropping to low 1m:14s after about 28 laps so our consistency has been good and we have been working through the programme and we still have another day tomorrow."

Ryuichi Kiyonari was also putting in the laps on the Bennetts Suzuki, running consistently in the 1m:14s barrier, improving on his pace from yesterday in the better conditions on day two. James Ellison on the second JG Speedfit Kawasaki and Tommy Bridewell were equal on their fastest lap of the day, just ahead of Peter Hickman.

Be Wiser Ducati's Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had a better day after a challenging time at Cartagena, lapping at a similar pace to Danny Buchan on the Lloyds British MotoRapido Ducati with rookie Glenn Irwin completing the times.

Guadix test, day two, unofficial times (supplied by teams):

1. Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:13.7s
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki) 1m:14.1s
3. James Ellison (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:14.2s
= Tommy Bridewell (Bennetts Suzuki) 1m:14.2s
5. Peter Hickman (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) 1m:14.4s
6. Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:14.6s
= Danny Buchan (Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati) 1m:14.6s
8. Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:15.4s

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Website Find Reply