Milwaukee- Chang Race 1 report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee- Chang Race 1 report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - Grid: 13th - Finish: 15th

“I don’t think the tyre choice for Race 1 was the right one; we weren’t confident of its durability in a race and it didn’t give us the performance we needed. In the end we had to go for the harder option, which was a difficult decision to make.

Even with a perfect tyre and set up though, the brakes failed, and that really slowed us down for the whole race.

It’s not an easy fix for tomorrow’s race. We have a few things to change on it later but it’s hard to say what difference they will make. Tomorrow is another day though, and we have to keep trying for progress.”

Karel Abraham: - Grid: 11th - Finish: RET

“I’m really disappointed with how today finished. It started pretty well and I had good pace in the morning, and it was good to get into Superpole 2.

I went for an overtake on the last lap, but the door was closed on me and unfortunately the front end was completely taken away.

There’s some more things I want to try on the bike tomorrow morning, and I just have to prepare for Race 2 now and fight for a good result again.”

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator:

“It’s been a bittersweet day for us. We made some big progress this morning to end up second fastest in FP3, which was a big positive. We found a good direction to go with the bike and carried this through Superpole 1 to get into Superpole 2.

We were perhaps a bit inexperienced with the qualifying format, but that’s something we can build on for next time. We went into the race with high hopes, but for whatever reason the pace wasn’t quite there for us.

It’s a big night ahead to rebuild one bike and to make changes to the other, and there’s a lot of data to review but we’ll aim to use that to make progress and target a top ten finish for both riders in Race 2.”

[Image: milwaukeeburiramrace1.jpg]

[Image: milwaukeebmwfooter.jpg]
12-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Website Find Reply