CLUZEL WINS THE THAI ROUND OF WORLDSSP CHAMPIONSHIP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CLUZEL WINS THE THAI ROUND OF WORLDSSP CHAMPIONSHIP
[Image: mvhdr.jpg]

On the hottest day of the Thai race weekend, Jules Cluzel and his MV Agusta F3 675 climbs the top step of the podium, winning the second round of WorldSSP Championship.

Pole Position on Saturday and Race on Sunday: Cluzel won everything was possibile to win in this Thai Round. After a good start, the fast French rider found himself in bagarre with Jacobsen, Sofuoglu and then Krummenacher, aggressive and determined opponents, all fighiting till the last corner for the podium. Cluzel, constantly in second position behind Jacobsen, was able to pass the american rider only in the race finale, going to lead a last furious lap, before finally raising his fists to the sky.

Good performance for Lorenzo Zanetti as well. 16th on starting grid because of some little setup troubles, the italian has pushed hard his MV Agusta F3 675 along the 4.554km Chang International Circuit, establishing a very fast pace from mid-race. The rider from Lumezzane ended his comeback in 8th place, catching eight point in WorldSSP Championship Standing.

Jules Cluzel # 16: 

I’m very happy because it was a long, hard race but we fought till the last meter and in the end we won. When I saw the two Kawasaki behind me were pushing at their limit, I knew I had to focus only on Jacobsen and so I did. Many thanks to all my team, after last year’s bad luck here in Thailand, I really wanted this victory. We are now third in the championship and hopefully we can replicate this incredibile weekend even in the next race at Aragon.

Lorenzo Zanetti # 87 

It has surely been a difficult weekend, I’ve never started from the 16th on grid. Unfortunately we could not find the right direction since Friday and this terribly affected my grid position. As the light went off I tried to push as much as possible and when I arrived 8th I preferred to get these important points home, avoiding to take other risks. I’m pretty happy because now we know the right direction to take and I hope I will start fighting for the podium again at the next race in Aragon.

[Image: cluzelatburiram.jpg]
Jules Cluzel

[Image: zanettiatburiram.jpg]
Lorenzo Zanetti
14-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Website Find Reply