JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI RIDER HASLAM GETS SUZUKA 8 HOUR CALL UP!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI RIDER HASLAM GETS SUZUKA 8 HOUR CALL UP!
[Image: jgspeedfithdr.jpg]

JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider Leon Haslam will be making his return to the prestigious Suzuka 8 Hour event this July, having been chosen by Kawasaki to race the new Ninja ZX-10R alongside Akira Yanagawa and Kazuki Watanabe in the official ‘Team Green’ World Endurance squad.  

Already a two-time winner at the iconic event, JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider Leon Haslam will be making his return to the Suzuka 8 Hour event in Japan on July 29-31 with the official factory run ‘Team Green’ World Endurance squad. Chosen by Kawasaki, Leon’s inclusion in the official effort shows the strengthened ties to the factory the GBmoto run JG Speedfit team are enjoying in 2016.

Leon will compete in three official tests in Japan on the all-new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R machine, ahead of the 39th running of the 8 Hour event.  

Having won the race in 2013 and 2014, Leon Haslam is delighted to be competing again this year 

“I’m very pleased to have been selected to race in the three-man Kawasaki team and I’m really looking forward to the race and going back to Suzuka.

“I’ve been comfortable on the ZX-10R since I started testing for the BSB season on it and I will have raced on it at six British Superbike rounds by the time Suzuka arrives so I’ll have had plenty of time aboard the machine.”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen added, 

“We were very pleased to hear Leon had been chosen by Kawasaki to front their official entry in the Suzuka 8 Hour event. It is one of the most prestigious events on the calendar and is something every manufacturer wants to win – as evidenced by the numerous MotoGP stars who compete each year. It’s a testament to British Superbikes that Kawasaki have chosen Leon as one of their three riders and demonstrates our strengthened position with the factory. On behalf of everyone at JG Speedfit Kawasaki, we wish him the best of luck in his pursuit for a third win.”

[Image: Leon-Haslam-headshot.jpg]

25-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Website Find Reply