Iain Duffus
Anonymous
Unregistered

Iain Duffus
I thought he was meant to have retired after the Ulster, but note that he was riding at Macau, has he changed his mind?
18-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Iain Duffus
No, he's definitely retired....or he'll have to give back the special award he got at the KDMC a couple of weeks ago.
I think the Macau was just a last fling!
18-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I've heard he was always going to do Macau as his final fling, but is now definitely retired. Rumour has it that he may do some media and TV work, possibly alongside his old sparring partner Phillip McCallen. Those two are always good value - that WILL be something to look forward to !
18-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey , there could be some sparks flying then-- McCallen & Duffus commentating!!!! , seriously , I think Iain will be good at this type of job , McCallen is ok , but i dont think he will ever be a Fred Clarke or Murray Walker!, Good Luck to Iain on his retirement, he has been a good all rounder , and a good supporter of Irish Road Racing.
19-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only problem with those two commentating is that the whole of the ENGLISH speaking world will hardly be able to understand a word they say ;-)
20-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You gotta bloody good point there Russ!!
20-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never mind, the Scots, the Irish, the Welsh and the Manx will...
20-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh yes helen. self, self self ;-]
ade!
20-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just imagine how difficult it is for us 'down under'. I always found it difficult to understand Phillip but it was easier than to try and understand darling Joey.
20-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, go on, Ade, you do the commentary,lad!It might not make sense, but I'm sure we'll understand!!
20-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'd rather listen to mac and iain all day than fred clarke for ten minutes. being at least an eighth celtic, i don't have a problem with accents ;-]
ade!
21-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Macau was definately Iain's last competitive outing. His win at the Ulster was a fitting way for him to finish his career here, but going on holiday to the Far East he was as well to combine that with a final "overseas" ride.

If he can contribute to the commentary as he has to the racing then we should be in for a treat.

21-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My son was talking to Ian at the Macau riders party and Ian said that it was his last race.
28-11-2003, 12:03 PM