Byrne And Irwin Successfully Conclude Testing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne And Irwin Successfully Conclude Testing
[Image: bewiserducatihdr.jpg]

Following the hard work done in Spain over recent weeks, the Be Wiser Ducati Racing Team of Shane Byrne and Glenn Irwin continued their pre-season testing schedule at the official MCE BSB tests this week whereby both riders were satisfied with the progress made.

Tuesday's cold conditions at Silverstone saw both riders gain vital set-up information for next week's opening round of the series at the Northamptonshire track whereby Londoner Byrne ended up seventh fastest and Irwin inside the top twenty.

However, it was much better for them at Donington Park today as in front of a big crowd enjoying the Spring sunshine, four-time MCE BSB title winner 'Shakey' held top spot for most of the day before the fully factory-supported Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R was edged into second by 44/1000 seconds late on by Michael Laverty.

Rookie team-mate Glenn Irwin continued his good progress with Paul Bird's Penrith-based squad whereby the Ulsterman used his track knowledge to gradually climb the timesheets and at the conclusion of the day was an impressive eighth overall to stand him in good stead for the opening round.

[Image: birdysboysatdonny.jpg]

Shane Byrne: 

"It was great to top the timesheets in the second session today and that put a smile on my face, but it's what I'm paid to do. We have worked hard since Silverstone and are still making chunks of progress and I have to keep reminding myself that we have a brand new make of bike, a brand new model and lots of other things which are new in the team so to be up with those riders on established set-ups isn't too shabby at this stage. That was the quickest I've been round Donington but to me, times in testing are irrelevant, it's what we do in the races next weekend that matter. As ever, thanks to the team for all their hard work, we continue to get stronger and we look forward to Silverstone."

Glenn Irwin: 

"After Spain, it was good to get back to tracks I was familiar with and I knew I had to push on with getting to grips with the Ducati. At Silverstone, we did just that and I felt I unlocked something which we carried over into Donington. It's all about track time for me and with every lap, I was gaining in confidence and in the end, I was happy with my lap times as they came on my own, without a tow or anything. Shakey has been a massive help and I can't thank him and all of the team enough and today has been a good day. Now I'm looking forward to Silverstone next weekend and the plan is to get as many points on the board as possible whilst being realistic about what we can achieve.”

Donington Park, Official Testing, Combined Classification

1 Michael Laverty (BMW) 1:29.298
2 Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) 1:29.342
3 Christian Iddon (BMW) 1:29.928
4 Luke Mossey (Kawasaki) 1:29.932
5 Jason O'Halloran (Honda) 1:29.932
6 Dan Linfoot (Honda) 1:29.967
7 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Suzuki) 1:30.031
8 Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) 1:30.162
9 Alastair Seeley (BMW) 1:30.305
10 Danny Buchan (Ducati) 1:30.367

Image courtesy of Jon Jessop: Shane 'Shakey' Byrne (67) and Glenn Irwin (2) at Donington Park.

[Image: pbmlogo.jpg]
01-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Website Find Reply