Milwaukee BMW - World Superbikes Round 3
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee BMW - World Superbikes Round 3
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - Race 1 – Grid: 18th Finish: 13th : Race 2 – Grid: 18th Finish: 13th

“First Practice was pretty much a non-event for me as we had some set-up problems. We went through a few setting and tyre changes in FP2, but I was lacking some basic confidence in the bike. We worked through a few setting changes in FP3 in preparation for qualifying and the race, such as the forks and throttle.

We followed a different set-up path for the races to what we used previously in the weekend. We still had some electronics issues, but again we’ve found some new settings to try with a view to improving even more at Assen. My feeling on the bike improved a lot in race two, and I was able to make up some places and get stuck into racing with the rest of the grid.

Obviously we wanted the race results to have been better, but it felt good to have made a definite step forward from Practice and Superpole. It’s good to get more points on the board from both races and I feel more positive in myself moving forward. We’re in the process of closing the gap to the field, but of course while we move forward so do they. We’re now in a position where we can use all our data to full effect, and I hope we can deliver even better results at Assen.”

[Image: brookesataragon.jpg]

Karel Abraham: - Race 1 – Grid: 15th Finish: 15th : Race 2 – Grid: 15th Finish: 14th

“First Practice was quite positive and we found some things to improve on in FP2. I was happy with the consistency of my times in the morning, but the conditions changed and the afternoon wasn't so good. Unfortunately I had a small crash too in FP2; it wasn't bad, but it took some time to repair the bike and I only just missed the chance to set a final lap. Superpole went OK; it had good and bad points. On my best lap I made a small mistake and had a little technical fault which slowed me down a bit, but I was still able to do a 1’52 lap which was good. Race one wasn’t as good as we wanted; we made up places and scored a point, but we couldn’t quite challenge the guys ahead. Race two was much better than the first for me. Our pace was quicker, but we lost some time at the start of the race. I think an area that we need to make a big step in is doing fast laps at the beginning of the race, so that we can then challenge for the rest.” 

[Image: abramararagon.jpg]

Shaun Muir, Team Principal: 

"Overall we have made a step forward since Thailand. Both riders lost an hour of Friday’s sessions with a crash and technical issue, and that hurt us badly come Superpole and race days. We leave Aragon with 4 finishes albeit not as high as we hoped, but the main positive is that we have a good, solid starting point for Assen. The results from Aragón show that with a little overall improvement in a few areas, the ability to be in the pack from 5th to 12th is there for both Karel and Josh. That’s the short term target, and we will do our very best to get there.”

[Image: milwaukeebmwfooter.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016, 11:59 AM by Malcolm.)
05-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Website Find Reply