Promoter's TT plans revealed
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Promoter's TT plans revealed
[Image: vision9logo.jpg]

Report due for Tynwald shows plans

Road racing fans can now have more of an idea about what the government's preferred TT and Classic TT promoter has in mind for the two.

A document outlining Vision Nine's plans is due to go before Tynwald later this month, for members to approve.

Vision Nine aims by 2026 (the tenth year of its proposed contract) to have 85,000 people coming to the TT and Classic TT annually.

It will take on over £2 million of the Department of Economic Development's costs to run them annually, with the net income being split 80/20 Vision Nine/DED.

The document also lists Vision Nine's proposed changes.

These include live television coverage by 2018, new fan zones across the Island, manufacturer showcases, local produce showcases and links to other on-Island attractions.

Also mentioned, on condition of the so-called 'home' events being 'improved', is the possibility of a TT Series, in the medium-to-long term.

The report also outlines what DED has seen as potential risks, and what it has done / will do to try and reduce these.

The document goes before this month's Tynwald sitting, which starts on Tuesday, April 19.

The document can be viewed by clicking here.

Listen to what has been said - HERE

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]
08-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Promoter's TT plans revealed
Concerns raised over new TT promoter

The Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce has questioned whether a local company could have been appointed over the newly selected TT promoter.

The commercial aspects of the TT have been handed over to UK based Vision Nine.

The chamber has met with the company to gain a better understanding of its expertise in event management and the future plans to develop the events.

Steven Bradley is a council member and chair of the Retail Committee - he tells us why they got involved:

Listen to what he has to say - HERE

[Image: 3fmlogo.jpg]
08-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Projected Increase in Visitor Numbers Etc .
(Extracted from the report)

[Image: ttprojection.jpg]

An increase over present visitor numbers by year 10 of an additional 20,000 persons ??????

How are they going to get here and where the heck are they all going to stay ????????

DED will substantially reduce its budget and staffing. Eliminating related ongoing costs, so where are that staff going to be employed ?????

In addition to protect the core audience of motorsport fans, Vision Nine’s bid proposes to attract a wider audience and increase visitors’ expenditure while they are on the Island by offering them an improved experience and wider range of services.
08-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Where are all these extras going to sleep. So I take it the ferries will start Mid April to get everybody there in time?
08-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
Jonesthebike Offline

Threads: 3
(08-04-2016, 01:58 PM)shipleymanx Wrote: Where are all these extras going to sleep. So I take it the ferries will start Mid April to get everybody there in time?

Better start rebuilding all those hotels they knocked down years ago,open new pubs and restaurants ,more ferries,flights,maybe build a motorway from Douglas around the island. Me thinks they are living in cloud cuckoo land personally.
08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
We have a company (formed 2 months ago was it?) who have sold an idea to some gullible politicians.  I'd be very interested to know, as others have asked, how they intend to transport these extra 35-40000 people there and back and where do they intend to put them while they're there?

There's talk about making it more 'family friendly'.  Do they intend to double the length of half term so families can do the fortnight?

I foresee a vast increase in the number of these dreadful fanzones and admission charges to areas that used to be free.  I have a really bad feeling about this - I've seen this sort of grandiose promise making too many times before in motor sport and it's never ended well.

I suppose it'll be something but it won't be the TT anymore...
08-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
the TT always makes a big profit but someone has thought they can make a lot more profit out the biking fraturnity we fork out a lot of money to get there and spend a lot of money when we are there you know a lot of these people who work on these projects have,nt got a clew wich way the TT course goes, at the end of the day someone has to pay for it i wonder who that will be!
11-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
This made me laugh, the goal of the company according to their website is to  "create and curate events that build social, cultural and lifestyle value".

Kilbil
11-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Find Reply