TYCO BMW ALL SET FOR NEW BRITISH SUPERBIKE SEASON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW ALL SET FOR NEW BRITISH SUPERBIKE SEASON
[Image: tycoboyspresilverstone.jpg]

After a positive pre-season both in Spain and the UK, Tyco BMW is all set for the opening round of the 2016 British Superbike Championship this coming weekend at Silverstone with Michael Laverty and Christian Iddon.

In the Superstock 1000cc class, reigning champion Josh Elliott and Ian Hutchinson also enjoyed a productive pre-season, both in Spain and at the official BSB tests at Silverstone and Donington with Tyco BMW.

Michael Laverty ended his pre-season preparations top of the BSB timesheets at Donington Park last week, but as he explained, the start of his second season aboard the Tyco BMW S1000RR is all about stepping it up to the next level.

Michael Laverty: 

“Pre-season couldn’t have gone much better for us. We got dry track conditions throughout every test; got a much better understanding of our S1000RR and for me we have now taken it to another level. I believe we have the best all-round package on the grid, which my new team-mate Christian Iddon also proved by being very strong, so coming into the start of the season we are very much on the money. It’s a matter of screwing the head on now from the opening race to score heavily in those podium positions.”

Christian Iddon: 

“I’m feeling strong and positive and just want to get going now and put a solid first round in the bank. We’ve had a great pre-season and I’ve fitted in well with the boys. There are a few things we are still looking to find in the package for me personally, but that’s always the case when you jump on a new bike. In saying that, the Tyco BMW S1000RR feels mint and I’ve enjoyed riding it every session. The package feels really strong on used rubber, but I’d still like to find a little bit more pace on ‘new boots’ but apart from that I’m all set and good to go.”

Superstock champion Josh Elliott has taken to the TAS Racing prepared Tyco BMW S1000RR like a duck to water, setting fastest laps in all sessions at both Silverstone and Donington Park. The reigning British champion has also fitted in well with his fellow countrymen in the TAS Racing set-up and can’t wait to get his season underway.

Josh Elliott: 

“I’ve really got on well with the S1000RR since we found a comfortable base setting to work on, from the early trip to Spain. I obviously transferred that onto the track at both Silverstone and Donington Park tests and the potential of the bike is massive. It’s going to be another tough season with so many past champions and top class riders in the series, but I’m really happy where we are right now with the Tyco BMW and I cannot wait to get going.”

Ian Hutchinson has been signed as the Tyco BMW team’s leading rider for the upcoming road races and Isle of Man TT Races in June, but having shown competitive pace in testing, he too will be looking for podium action aboard his S1000RR this coming weekend at Silverstone.

Ian Hutchinson: 

“As I’m sure the other boys will have already said, we’ve had a strong pre-season testing and while I’ve a couple of bikes to concentrate on for the roads, I’ve found the Tyco BMW S1000RR Superstock bike a dream to ride. I’ve just gone about my business and worked consistently through the programme, but our times have been good and I’m quietly confident we can do a good job at Silverstone.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager: 

“All the hard work in preparation has been completed over the winter months and it’s exciting times ahead for all involved at Tyco BMW. Michael has picked up where he left off at the end of last season and Christian has slotted into our set-up like he’s been here for years. In the middle of the garage both Josh and Hutchy have also done a great on the TAS Racing prepared Tyco BMW S1000RR Superstock bikes, but now it’s down to business.”

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Website Find Reply