CRUTCHLOW BRAVELY REMOUNTS TOUGH RACE IN AUSTIN TO FINISH 16TH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW BRAVELY REMOUNTS TOUGH RACE IN AUSTIN TO FINISH 16TH
[Image: calataustin.jpg]

The Grand Prix of the Americas ended in disappointment for the LCR Honda Team and their British rider Cal Crutchlow, as he slipped out of seventh place on the eighth lap of the race. The British rider bravely remounted his Rizoma branded machine, before bringing the bike home just outside of the points-scoring positions.

Crutchlow had a good start to the 21lap race, but was hung out to dry at turn one, which saw him drop several positions, before fighting back through the order until the 16th position. He and the LCR Honda Team will now head to Europe and the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez, aiming to find some solutions to the problems which have dogged them so far this year.

#35 Cal Crutchlow – 16th

“It’s the third non-finish of the year. It’s not good enough really. I was pushing too hard in an area we shouldn’t be pushing in. Our bike’s got no real acceleration, and it means I have to try and make everything up on the brakes. The factory riders seem to have found something in that area this weekend, but whatever we’re doing at the moment is not working.”

“We’re fast enough, there’s no doubt about that, we’re definitely capable of the pace, we just don’t have the acceleration. Three fifth places would have put us third in the championship at the moment, and I feel that they were there for the taking, but I haven’t been able to convert and it’s completely my fault, there’s nobody else to blame. We do need to look at setting the bike up differently because we’ve followed a direction that hasn’t been working.”

“We work together as a Team, we’re still confident, and although I’m angry, I look forward to getting it right in Jerez.”

Lucio Cecchinello – (LCR Honda Team Principal): 

“Of course it’s a really difficult moment for the LCR Honda Team and for Cal too, but I think first we need to understand why he is crashing. We need to check our bike set-up and try something new starting in Jerez, that is already our plan.”

“We are also discussing things with our tyre supplier Michelin, and they are aiming to try and improve the product for riders like Cal who use a lot of front brake to decelerate and load the front tyre and stress it.”

“We need to stay positive as a Team because we were fast in Qatar, and in Argentina after his crash. Even after his crash here, Cal was lapping fast, almost as much as Viñales who was fourth, so we are definitely fast. We just need to make some small changes to the bike set-up and a bit more luck.”

[Image: lcrlogo.jpg]
11-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply