Aruba.it Racing - Ducati team ready to race in Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aruba.it Racing - Ducati team ready to race in Assen
[Image: chazdaviesinpits.jpg]

Both Davies and Davide Giugliano, who finished the races in Aragon in fifth and sixth position, enjoy riding in the Dutch track, which will host the production-based series for the 25th year. Davies took two second-place finishes last year while Giugliano, who skipped the round in 2015 due to injuries, brought the Panigale R on the third step of the podium in the previous season.

The TT Circuit, characterized by a radically different layout compared with the Aragon Motorland track, also represents a good benchmark to further evaluate the technical upgrades recently developed in Borgo Panigale and cut back the gap in the general standings, where Davies and Giugliano currently sit in second (105 points) and fifth (56 points) position respectively. In conjunction with a test already scheduled by the development team in Mugello, the squad also took the chance to take it to the track with Davide Giugliano, who thus utilized one of the eight private-test days allocated to permanent riders during the championship to solve the issues encountered in Spain.

Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #7)

“We are heading to Assen with good momentum and a lot confidence, not just for the results we scored but most of all because of the way the bike performed in Spain. I like the Assen track, it’s completely different from Aragon and it will give us a good chance to further evaluate the latest technical upgrades. Last year we finished second twice and we were in contention until the finish line, and since then the bike has made a lot of progress both in terms of electronics and chassis. I’m expecting another tough battle with our rivals, there’s definitely no time to rest on laurels.”

Davide Giugliano (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #34)

“In Aragon, we struggled with a few issues and we haven’t scored the results we were hoping for but, looking at the bright side, our bike has won two races and we narrowed down some areas on which we have to intervene. We also took advantage of a one-day test in Mugello to help myself regain the best sensations on the bike after two difficult races and try a few solutions that should help my competitiveness. Also, each lap on the Panigale R is important for me since I was sidelined for a long time last season. I really enjoy riding in Assen and I have always been fast there. Theoretically, it should suit my style, so I’m looking forward to bounce back.”

Weekend schedule (CET):

Friday
10:15 – 11:15 SBK Free Practice 1
13:30 – 14:30 SBK Free Practice 2

Saturday
08:45 – 09:00 SBK Free Practice 3
10:30 – 10.45 SBK Superpole 1
10:55 – 11:10 SBK Superpole 2
13:00 SBK Race 1

Sunday
09:25 – 09:40 SBK Warm-up
13:00 SBK Race 2