Milwaukee BMW - Free Practice 1 & 2 report – 2016 World Superbikes Round 4
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee BMW - Free Practice 1 & 2 report – 2016 World Superbikes Round 4
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - FP1 – 1’59.903 - FP2 – 1’57.768

“My first impressions of the bike today were good despite the wet weather. For the first few laps in FP1 I was able to improve lap after lap, but it seemed to plateau and I just couldn’t get the lap times down even after a number of changes.

Second Practice was immediately better and I was quicker in the first few laps, but again I had issues where I couldn’t go any faster, and I had a few big slides.

We’ve got a good idea of changes to make for tomorrow and the guys have identified some areas to work on, so I will go out tomorrow in FP3 and try my best to improve the lap times.”

[Image: joshbrookes-assen1.jpg]

Karel Abraham: FP1 – 2’04.667 - FP2 – 2’01.447 

“Today was difficult for a number of reasons. Firstly the weather was bad all day, and second the bike was just not working for me in these conditions.

I had a small crash which cost us about five minutes, but the bike was fine. In the afternoon we did some set up changes, but on my first lap out I had an electronics issue which forced me to box. After that the laps got quicker and quicker, but then we had another issue which cost us some time to set a good lap.

Tomorrow will be a challenge because I have to make the 107% lap time, so FP3 will be very important for us. There are things on the bike that we know we can improve on and the guys have been working really hard, but unfortunately right now the weather is amplifying some of the problems.”

[Image: karlabram-assen1.jpg]

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator:

“We’ve had a challenging day. It’s proving difficult to find a setting that the riders are comfortable with, and they’re both struggling to really push the bike.

Josh’s times got better through the day but he’s still not fully happy with the bike, so we have some set up work to do there. We had a small crash and some electronics issues for Karel which limited his running and he has to get within the 107% time, so the morning practice will be very important for both riders.

We’re got some new bits to try tomorrow for both guys, so hopefully we can achieve some good forward progress.”

16-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Website Find Reply