Milwaukee BMW - Superpole & Race 1 report – 2016 World Superbikes Round 4
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee BMW - Superpole & Race 1 report – 2016 World Superbikes Round 4
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - Superpole 1 – 1’38.754 - Race finish – 11th

“We were very close to making Superpole 2 today and the times were good. Unfortunately I had a slow leak on the rear tyre and I was losing pressure, so it was a shame to miss out on an opportunity to capitalise and move forward. Today was the first time we’ve had dry running too; I’m not making excuses because it was the same for everybody, but it definitely made it more difficult to set the bike up to race.
The most disappointing thing about the race was that we didn’t get the tyre choice right. After Superpole we thought the softer option would be the best choice as the track warmed up, but unfortunately the harder was better and it hurt our race.
During Race 1 we discovered problems with some new parts I’m trying also, so we’ve had to revert to previous settings. I was very disappointed with the final result because I got up to eighth at one point, but it’s a positive that we were able to run at that pace. Now we have a few changes to make and hopefully get a better result tomorrow.”

Karel Abraham: Superpole – No time - Race finish – RET 

“Superpole was not great for us. The track dried out so the guys had to work really hard to set it up for the conditions, but we lost a few minutes making changes. I left the box but then the bike stopped in the pit lane. The team fixed it and I got out for the last twenty seconds, but I wasn’t able to set a time. It was difficult for us going into the race with so little dry practice and data to use. My clutch slipped a little at the start but the first few laps felt quite good. But, when I did a few more laps the bike was pushing me and I really struggled to control it on throttle and under braking. I was losing the front because the rear was pushing, but then the clutch started to spin and I couldn’t push on the straights either. I really wanted to finish the race and I felt like I could have got some points for sure, but a number of issues happened together and I wanted to save the bike, so I had to return to the box. We have another race to prepare for which it looks like it will be dry, but we still have some issues with the bike and they are not easy to fix overnight.” 

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator: 

“We’ve come up against it in each session this weekend, and today was frustrating. It was difficult to adapt to the new dry conditions, and Karel had some technical issues which limited his Superpole running and meant he effectively went into the race blind. Things looked promising for Josh at the start of the race, but unfortunately it wasn’t quite the right tyre choice and it stopped him maintaining a good pace. There were certainly some useful things we learnt from the race, and we’re working hard with BMW to get to the root of the issues and to find a solution. We’ve got some changes to make to both bikes, so we just have to focus and make sure we come back stronger tomorrow.”
17-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply