Podium success for Kneen ahead of road campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Podium success for Kneen ahead of road campaign
[Image: dankneentestspain1.jpg]

Mar-Train racing kick off their road racing campaign this weekend full of confidence after another podium spree for new recruit Dan Kneen last weekend.

Following on from a successful test programme the Yamaha UK representatives took in some Irish short circuit races to bring the Manx man up to speed on his new machinery and he didn’t disappoint, notching up six podiums in six races. A brace of second places on Easter Monday at Kirkistown was followed up by an impressive showing on his Bishopscourt debut on Saturday at a cold and windy round of the Masters series. Second and third placings in both supersport and superbike after some exhilarating races with the championship regulars leave Kneen in buoyant form ahead of this weekend’s Tandragee 100.

Rider – Dan Kneen

“It is nice to get a few races under my belt and really encouraging to be in the hunt for wins so early in the season. It was only really my second proper run on the supersport bike and I’m really impressed by it straight away. The superbike is fantastic and I am having fun riding it, I can’t wait to get out at Tandragee as I think the YZF-R1M will be a competitive package around that circuit. I’ve only raced there once but I enjoyed it and came away with both superbike victories so we hopefully shouldn’t be too far away.”

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“Another good day for Dan, he certainly knows how to put on his race face and the times he was managing towards the end of the day were impressive given the track temperature and fact that it was his track debut. It can be risky taking in circuits at the start of the season but it is also important to get dialled in properly so we’re in a good place now. Well done to Bishopscourt and the Masters series organisers, the weather was against them at times on Saturday but we got our four races which is a credit to them. There will be some stiff opposition this weekend at Tandragee so it won’t be easy, I did some laps with Dan on Sunday though and he has done his homework so I am confident he will do well. We have good momentum at the minute so we just need to continue to build on that.”

Karl Radley – Yamaha UK

“This is the moment we have been waiting for ever since Dan signed with the team at the end of last year and we’re very excited to see the result of the whole team’s hard work over the winter. With very strong performances both at Kirkistown and Bishopscourt Dan has shown that he’s gelled extremely well with the R1M and this gives us great confidence in him and the team to bring home silverware from the first pure roads test of 2016 at the Tandragee 100 this weekend.”

Qualifying for the 56th Around a Pound Tandragee 100 takes place from 3:30pm on Friday whilst roads close at 10am on Saturday morning for racing.

[Image: martrainlogo.jpg]
21-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply