New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc....
Queenbee Offline

Threads: 6
RE: New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc....
I agree with the question 'How will fans get here?'. I tried to book for this year with no luck and also to pre-book for next year. Finding a ferry to the island is ok but to get back I would need to stay until the middle of the week after racing and that is not convenient.

I often find I cannot commit to the journey until nearer the departure time due to other commitments and therefore have extreme difficulty getting bookings. Much as I would like to come more often I find I cannot.

There are also no flights available (unless you wish to pay silly prices!) and the car hire charges are also extremely excessive. The island businesses know that the fans will come and spend the money so I am afraid I do not see the need to put the prices up for TT weeks, the money will come in but the businesses just have to exploit! It is like a 'Dutch Auction' - lets see who will pay the most for the privilege of getting the booking and that in itself could end up putting people off!

Get the prices down and more travel availability and the island would make more money!
07-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc.... - by Queenbee - 07-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Vision Nine contract delayed - by Malcolm - 02-08-2016, 05:03 PM