When will they ever learn !!!!!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
When will they ever learn !!!!!
First crash on Mountain minutes after route went one way

Police say they dealt with their first crash on the Mountain Road yesterday - just 20 minutes after the route had re-opened as one way.

TT 2016 officially gets underway today - officers are pleading with people to ride or drive at a 'sensible speed'.

They say they don't want people to be remembered by a 'weather beaten memorial' at the side of the road.

Sergeant Steven Lapsley is in charge of the Roads Policing Unit: Listen HERE

[Image: 3fmlogo.jpg]
28-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: When will they ever learn !!!!!
Police renew warnings after 135mph biker stopped

Rider caught at more than double speed limit

Police are warning bikers if you flout the law, you will be dealt with!

Despite warnings over speeding during the TT period, officers say they’ve stopped one rider today who was doing 135mph in a 60 zone.

Sergeant Steven Lapsley of the Roads Policing unit says that sort of behaviour simply won’t be tolerated.

He says police don’t want to spoil people’s TT fun, but is reminding them to ride safely and within speed limits around the Island.

[Image: iompolicebadge.jpg]
28-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Mr Lapsley would do very well to educate his local clutch of motorcyclists by the sound of it .. tut tut tut. REALLY should know better.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2016, 11:49 AM by Malcolm.)
29-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Find Reply
NSR500 Offline

Threads: 2
They will never learn because they all think they are better than hutchy, mcg etc, they need to remember not everyone on the island wants to go home in a box, just calm down and enjoy a bit extra speed, keep it for the mountain and even then remember there are others about concentrating on what they are doing, not on who is tearing up behind them. Above all we are there to have a good time.
A proud member of the Orange Army
                 Party2
29-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

Threads: 4
I can probably imagine the rush it must be riding around the TT circuit. I can also understand the desire to want to go fast around there. These guys will never learn and I think it's important for the police to have a zero tolerance policy about it. There should be absolutely no excuses for the actions of the guys pushing the limits when they know they are breaking the law. Unfortunately, it's going to be the same, year after year...
29-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Sunday 29th - Noon

Vehicle travelling against the one way system. Stopped at Windy Corner. 

Driver dealt with and road now re open.

29-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

135mph biker is local, say police

Sunday, May 29th

Case sparked outcry online

Police have revealed a biker caught doing well over twice the speed limit was from the Island, and not a TT visitor.

Yesterday, officers revealed they’d stopped a motorcyclist who was doing 135mph in a 60 zone and renewed appeals for people to ride safely.

The case led to much comment online – with calls for his machine to be seized and the biker thrown off the Island.

However, Sergeant Will Moffatt in the Emergency Services Joint Control Room has revealed the man is local and will appear in court soon.

Listen to what he has to Say- HERE

From IOM News.

29-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply
L1v32R1d3 Offline

Threads: 4
Wow, a local! He's definitely doesn't have an excuse. If he lives on the island, he's well aware of the rules. Hopefully they throw the book at him!
29-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
tiny thing Offline

Threads: 3
Hate reading about these arsholes , if they want to race round like they are racing go get a race licence and do it right , they ruin it for every one , ( look how fast I am oops I have just put a load of oil down on the racing line , oh well it's only the TT it will only delay racing for a short time ,but should I die ,racing will be delayed a bit longer but it does not matter my family have loads of money to get my body home and at least they will know I nearly won a TT) Dicks.

The UGP best road race in the world.
29-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Isle of Man Constabulary Roads Policing Unit - 14:30 hrs.

I've seen it all now......

Riding a motorcycle whilst filming on a mobile phone. 

Stopped and being dealt with!!!!

(This post was last modified: 30-05-2016, 08:39 PM by Malcolm.)
30-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Website Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Were they using that stoopid app that records/posts their speed?
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
30-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
30-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Man fined for entering closed road

A 62-year-old man who walked onto the Billown circuit from an adjacent property during the pre-TT classic races on Monday has been fined £500.

Police said that the man had been drinking and marshals at the scene had to enter the course in order to remove him and take him to safety.

A police statement said: ‘The man appeared at court today (Wednesday), having been summonsed for being on closed roads.

‘He admitted the matter and was fined £500.

‘We would like to remind the public of the dangers of entering closed roads, not only to themselves, but to the riders taking part in motorsport events, and the officials who volunteer their own time in order to ensure that these events can run.

‘It is unlawful to enter onto roads closed for racing without authority, and anyone found entering onto closed roads will be dealt with robustly.’

Inspector Andy Kneen added: 

‘Marshals exercise powers and have the same authority as constables when conducting their duties in relation to road racing. ‘The Constabulary will deal swiftly with offenders and generally this will mean a court appearance within a very short time after any incident, while officers may not appear at points on the course any more, we have staff deployed specifically in relation to road racing in order to be able offer support to marshals.’

The Court commended the actions of the marshal who removed the man from the course, saying he had to put himself at risk in order to deal with the individual.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 11:17 AM by Malcolm.)
02-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

[Image: iompolicecar.jpg]

Serious injury for biker who was clipped by another bike

Police are appealing for witnesses after a biker sustained a serious injury this morning.

It follows a crash just after the 33rd milestone on the Mountain Road at 11.45am.

Officers say a black sports bike has clipped a navy blue Suzuki VZ800 which resulted in the Suzuki rider coming off his machine.

Anyone who saw what happened has been asked to contact the Roads Policing Unit on 631212.

[Image: 3fmlogo.jpg]
02-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

[Image: redhelmet.jpg]

Another two incidents on the Mountain this afternoon, with the latest one being at approx 16:00 hrs. This has closed he complete length of the road between Ramsey Hairpin and the Creg.

Let's just hope that this all gets cleared up before the Practice Roads Closed order is actioned.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM by Malcolm.)
02-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
Totally irresponsible, selfish idiots! I can't see anything will change anytime soon, but a spell inside an IOM nick might just give these morons time to reflect on their recklessness. I stopped going round the course during the TT in 2011 - after I was nearly wiped out on 3 separate occasions by wannabe racers during a lap on Mad Sunday. Perhaps it's time to rename it 'Sensible Sunday' in a bid to slow some clowns down...
04-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
Paroni09 Offline

Threads: 0
(29-05-2016, 09:44 AM)NSR500 Wrote: They will never learn because they all think they are better than hutchy, mcg etc, they need to remember not everyone on the island wants to go home in a box, just calm down and enjoy a bit extra speed, keep it for the mountain and even then remember there are others about concentrating on what they are doing, not on who is tearing up behind them. Above all we are there to have a good time.

You'r right, most of them had brains as a peanut that the problem.

=================================================

Sorry for my bad English, i'm an old Dutchman.

05-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
Something I've noticed in my previous visits to the island is that the majority of these idiots aren't 23 year old lads showing off for the girls but middle aged blokes who you think would know better. Some fella dropped his missus off the back of his bike pulling a wheelie last year, fortunately it was low speed and she walked from it.
06-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
According to the IOM Police this morning - a number of individuals are still riding/driving up the mountain the wrong way from The Creg! If these morons can't understand the signs & information about the mountain section being one way only by now, they shouldn't be allowed on the roads full-stop. Deary me.
08-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Find Reply