John McGuinness: To match Joey’s record would be icing on the cake
b5070 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: John McGuinness: To match Joey’s record would be icing on the cake
I'm tired of all the old 'one lap isn't a race' rhetoric, when in actuality, one lap of the Island = several laps of most short circuits. If you watched a 14 lap 'leccy' race at Oulton Park (almost same distance as one TT lap), with 10 TT riders - would it be a race? I think the 'knockers' are peed off, because they only get to see the riders once - but are totally disregarding what it takes to put a ton plus lap in around the course - let alone be knocking on the door of a 120 average. Sad speculation - but, what if Joey (RIP) was still around - and rode the leccy race --- would you still say it wasn't really a win? I used to live on the Island, and have raced the course - giving me nothing but respect and admiration for anyone doing laps there - whether on a Superbike, or a technologically cutting edge leccy bike. Please, just leave JM be with his wont to race the TT - whatever he's riding, and if he breaks records - then, just be pleased for him. After all - aren't records made to be broken -- no matter how sacred some folks consider them?
03-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: John McGuinness: To match Joey’s record would be icing on the cake - by b5070 - 03-06-2016, 07:32 AM