Robert Dunlop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Robert Dunlop
has anybody read the robert dunlop article on the real road racing web page, why is everybody convincing them selves that the TT will finish after 2007, it will if we all keep talking like robert. makes me laugh robert does well at the TT then slags it off.Any other rider would be fined for not going to parc ferme after the race.does not like living in the shadow of his brill brother
16-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Robert Dunlop
i don't think robert is concerned that joey did that well at isle of man. at the end of the day, joey rode a wider variety of classes than robert has done.

i have read recently that even the gold cup may fall away or move to a different venue. perhaps road racing is on the way out in general, and only those events that close the roads for an evening, a day or whatever (irish races) may survive (finances of the clubs permitting).
16-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: It will be a sad day.........
It will be a sad day if the road races stop. Let us stop dwelling on the negatives and highlight the positives! Let us educate the people who know nothing about the good side of the races. Its typical british mentality to allow the press/media to stir us up and then they watch as we destroy our pastimes ourselves.

test tickles to them, let the people race if they want to, let us enjoy it and project a positive image to the "easily led".

Help the TT/ACU and all commitees by letting them know what you want, don`t think somebody else will do it for you, come on folks be positive!

Probably............
16-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trouble is we have adopted the american way of life regarding litigation.Is this the Robert Dunlop who was involved in a case of litigation over the TT? or have i got the wrong end of the stick.Perhaps someone could tell me the detail
16-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don’t get it…the American way of life. How much litigation in motorcycling have we heard about and besides, I don’t see the connection with the subject.
17-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Robert, who seems to be a decent enough spud, got a payout after his Honda's wheel collapsed and caused him what nurses call "discomfort".
17-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's your answer Harvey
18-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

18-12-2003, 01:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Robert Dunlop/malcolm harrison
I have to disagree with you about Robert's talents. If Robert had never had a big brother (well...not that big!) like Joey, he would probably have got a lot more credit for his brilliant performances.
He has never given me the slightest impression that he was jealous of Joey's popularity or status, and he has the courage of a lion, just like Joey.
Of course he has done some daft things, but so did Joey...so do we all.
Thanks for all the years of fantastic racing, and the friendly relaxed (typically Dunlop) attitude, Robert.
18-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had Robert not come off after Ballaugh, who knows where he would be now. He was able to ride all capacities; don't forget the Oxford Products Duke, the Rotary Norton and the Honda 750..

He has been able to still ride well with the injuries he suffered and the other after effects of the crash.

Robert was an expert, and no mistake.

18-12-2003, 03:39 PM