TT2004 and beyond
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT2004 and beyond
The full transcription of changes to the 2004 TT meeting can be found on the front page. Most welcomed (Manx MCC to run the event), some contentious (no racing in the wet), and some thought-provoking!
18-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT2004 and beyond
"Watkins Diet" comes to mind !!!

It is at first view a total trim back but with explanation, one can see what is behind the new "layout".......

I will miss the ....... and the ......., but am pleased to see the...........

Needs digesting carefully !!
18-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Ian I would like to know about the bits that are missing from the report on the future of the Greatest Road Races in the World. Although their are some positive notes or are their. Sad to see the end of 6 lap TT racing it was something to look forward to each year. As to the reasoning behind it I cant understand as over the past 10 years the majority of Riders lost to the TT have been during the Practices and not the Races.

But ours not to reason why.
1. I can understand the reasoning behind Qualifying times been upped as I seen for myself at TT 2003.

2. As for access to top riders during the TT why not bring back the old sixtys style TT weigh in. Now Im showing My age. I was glad to be part of the old style weigh in at the 1984 MGP.

3. Their is a lot more to this report than meets the Eye. Bill is this the Report in Full, I would be obliged if You could Mail me the Full Report.

4. Looking forward to being part of TT 2004 with the Manx Motorcycle Club at the helm all the best for the Future.

Irish Ago Racing
18-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The posting on the main page is the full report. I am sure there will be more adjustments / amendments during the coming months. The feeling was to get the bare bones out so people could sort their machinery out for TT 2004; expect more changes from 2005.
19-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have now had time to digest some of this report and wish to interpret it through the eyes of a Fan, visitor, and/or spectator.

I remember the days of 30 min laps and 7 lap races and I feel that the spectator of today is being short-changed..
A four lap race will be won in about one hour and one half and then that's it ! All back to Douglas !!

Certainly the excitement is in the first two laps as the leaders jockey for position..but then the race levels off and a six lapper is probably less tiring than a four lap b****-out thrash..

I agree with Ago Murphy that it is time to bring back the "weigh-in" for the fans. To see the race bikes close up. They aren't as exotic as the 1950-1990 bikes but fans would also like to see the riders in civvies (?)

Early morning practice was a pain but the rider was not so worried by inclement weather..What happens if we have a compression of days due to bad weather..Riders need practice...

I am trying to be non-critical but have already had countless e-mails and phone calls about this report.

THINK of the FANS please....My initial reaction is that they are getting a raw deal which is still going to cost the same money for less action.

Anybody agree ??
19-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree totaly. Traveling from germany the whole round trip is very expensive and exausting( traveling on bike from Munich) the six lap races were "the" highlight of the TT festival.(30 % less racing) Geting less for the same price seems unfair. They should also see to it that the ferry prices should be droped 30% too.
19-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ferry prices DROPPED by 30%???
Awww Bless.
Such optimism is lovely to see in this day and age.
It's a shame the 6 lap races are no more,I quite enjoyed watching the same race from Sulby crossroads and The Bungalow.
But at least the TT races have been prised from the grasp of the Blazer wearing slap up dinner eating wallahs from Rugby.
Can't believe it's just over 5 months until it happens all over again.
Still,enough of my waffle,may I wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
19-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will have to see how it pans out,but there appear to be much good in the document although i would not agree with everything,and some statements are without foundation.
However it does annoy me when i find people being spoken of in derogatory terms,ie A.C.U personnel.
I have known people like Jim Parker for over 40yrs and others connected with the TT,they did'nt get where they are in the organisation by doing nothing,but gave a lifetime of freetime to organising pleasure for others both riders and spectators for no financial gain at club level as well as the A.C.U level,and for this we should be thankfull.
The people who have the richest pickings out of the TT will still prosper from it immaterial of who organise it. Enough said
19-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who came up with the idea to cut the Senior and Formula one races to four laps.
The end of morning practice.
Was it the top teams or the riders???????
19-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

after looking at Realroadracing.com the riders and the topteams seem to be surprised themselves
20-12-2003, 04:31 PM