TT2004 and the Manx MCC
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT2004 and the Manx MCC
So the Manx MCC are going to take on the TT Races. Well, it's probably a good thing but you need to realise that the Club isn't a club in the normal meaning of the word but a Closed Shop.

Being a TT/MGP enthusiast for many years, I thought that I would like to get a bit more involved having taken early retirement a year or two ago - so I took out a Life Membership in December 2002.

My membership was confirmed in late January 2003 - but only as a result of an MGP accident investigation where I was a Marshal.

Having received nothing by August - I emailed a query but got no reply. So I emailed again and got a reply saying that I had missed nothing and a card would be sent.

A couple of weeks passed and nothing had arrived - I only live a mile away from the office. So I wrote to David Mylchreest, the Chairman, suggesting that he might call me to learn more but he simply referred me back to the office!!!

I finally went and collected my card - but that is all that I have ever seen from this 'Club' - no Welcome, no Rules or Constitution, no Newsletter, no idea who the Officers are, no events and certainly no involvement of the members.

I was told that I will get an invite, in early December, to a January mini AGM/Dinner but maybe it's not yet early enough?

I'll certainly agree that the Race Committee has some fine folk aboard - but they must be totally unaware of the other talents that exist in the general membership.

Maybe the Office of Fair Trading should investigate their use of the term 'Club'

Come on Manx MCC - it is now 2003, maybe you also need to make some major changes.
19-12-2003, 01:24 AM