PUNCTURE THWARTS HICKMAN CHARGE IN THE SUPERSTOCK TT RACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PUNCTURE THWARTS HICKMAN CHARGE IN THE SUPERSTOCK TT RACE
[Image: jgspeedfithdr2.jpg]

Having had an incredibly strong showing in the Superbike TT on Saturday, which saw Peter Hickman and GBmoto Racing Kawasaki secure fourth place and join the exclusive 132mph club, a puncture thwarted the duo’s chances in today’s Superstock outing.  

Having spent more time during practice week on the Superstock spec Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, Peter Hickman and the GBmoto Racing team entered today’s race day confident they could replicate Saturday’s strong performance and challenge for the podium.

Again starting from fifth, Hickman held that position to the opening checkpoint at Glen Helen. Continuing to push the Kawasaki, Hickman climbed up another position by Ballaugh Bridge and looked capable of running the pace for a rostrum finish. Disaster struck later that lap however, when a slow puncture saw Hicky unable to maintain his pace. Dropping back over the next lap and a half to outside the top ten, he eventually retired at the Grandstand at the end of the second lap.

A disappointed Peter Hickman said, 

“It’s been one of those days! In all three classes I’ve ridden in we’ve had problems which have halted our session. I got a really good start to the Superstock race and was feeling real comfy on the machine but unfortunately we weren’t able to build on Saturday’s result with the puncture ruling us out. It’s disappointing but I know what we can do and know we’ll bounce back in the Senior Friday.”  

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen concluded, 

“It’s a bitterly disappointing outcome in a race that could well have seen Peter and GBmoto claim their first TT podium. After Saturday’s performance we were confident we could replicate that form today, but despite Pete’s and the team’s incredibly hard work a spot of bad luck has thwarted us. We can still take positives from today however, particularly the strong start Pete had to that race, and look forward to making amends Friday in the main race, the Senior TT.”  

[Image: hickyinactiontuesday.jpg]
06-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Website Find Reply