HUTCHY WINS TT SUPERSTOCK RACE FOR TYCO BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HUTCHY WINS TT SUPERSTOCK RACE FOR TYCO BMW
[Image: hutchyinsuperstock.jpg]

Ian Hutchinson and Tyco BMW took a memorable and record-breaking victory in today’s 4-lap TT Superbike race on the Isle of Man, also setting a new lap record at a staggering 133.098mph on his S1000RR.

Hutchinson set the fastest lap in the TT Superstock class during practice week with an effort of 132mph, which was inside the old outright lap record, but his aforementioned race lap of 133mph – shaved a further 2.7-seconds from his practice week best and set him up for a superb victory with TAS Racing – their sixteenth at the Isle of Man TT.

Speaking afterward Hutchinson said: 

“I just love this bike and it’s great to get TAS Racing back where they belong on the top step of a TT podium. I’m delighted for the whole team. It’s a big step forward for us.”

Reviewing the race he added: 

“I was a bit wide in a few places early in the opening lap as I was still in Supersport mode. It took me to Glen Helen on that opening lap before I was fully dialed back into riding the stocker, but the BMW S1000RR is an unbelievable machine to race around here. I’m now looking forward to Friday’s Senior TT where I’ll be doing my utmost to win the blue riband event on the Tyco BMW.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said: 

“That was a massive effort by Hutchy, which is testament to the work we have all put in pre-season, but a huge thank you must also go to BMW Motorsport and their engine technicians from Berlin. They have produced a perfect example of German engineering.”

“It’s fair to say we’ve had a bit of a wait for this one but to see Ian win on the BMW S1000RR in record fashion today was worth the wait. This victory was particularly special being our first together with BMW and Tyco Security Products. The support we receive from both is invaluable to say the least.

“Ian, my father Hector and I receive most of the attention at times like this, but we all really value the strength of our team who are fully committed and  most have been with me for a very long time.”

Concluding Neill said: 

“TAS Racing TT Victory number 16 is for every member of our team and all their hard work. Thanks also to Kurt Boeck for the BMW Motorrad technical assistance and to the guys in Berlin for the Bavarian Power!”

TT Superstock Results [4 laps]: 

1st – Ian Hutchinson [Tyco BMW] 129.745mph; 2nd – Dean Harrison [Kawasaki] 128.894mph +27sec; 3rd – James Hillier [Kawasaki] 128.836mph +2sec; 4th – Michael Rutter [BMW] 127.957mph +29sec; 5th – Gary Johnson [BMW] 127.859mph +3sec; 6th – John McGuinness [Honda] 127.596mph +9sec

Fastest Lap & New Lap Record – 133.098mph [17mins: 00.510sec]

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
07-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Website Find Reply