STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE ACU
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE ACU
[Image: ianbelltuesday.jpg]

ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that sidecar driver Ian Bell, 58, from Bedlington, Northumberland was killed following an accident at Ballaspur during today’s Sidecar Race 2 at the Isle of Man TT Races. Ian was competing with his son Carl who was reported to be uninjured.

Ian, a motorcycle dealer, was married to Trudi and had two children. He made his TT Races debut in 1995, winning the newcomers trophy, and achieved five podiums during his TT career including a race win in 2003.

ACU Events Ltd wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Ian’s family and friends.

[Image: acu.gif]
10-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE ACU
[Image: ianbellrip.jpg]

I take this opportunity on behalf of all who use TTwebsite, to extend our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ian at this tragic time, and also wish Carl our sincerest best wishes.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016, 07:31 PM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Paveway Offline

Threads: 3
What a tragic end to the week. Ian's always been up there in the sidecar races at the TT for as long as I can remember and I'm sure he's going to be greatly missed by everyone who has even a passing interest in the races.

RIP.
10-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Phew, just back from a really good day at Cronk y Voddy, seen the damaged air fence at Ballaspur on way home but didn't know what had happened and feared the worst when marshals told us that the the Subaru lap had been cancelled because of an incident on the course, been around and in this sport for 30 odd years, this week at home/TT has been just that little harder to deal with .. best rgds and respects to all and everybody involved .. Forever Fast RIP lads
10-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Find Reply