Lintin and Devitt RC Express end 2016 TT with top ten finish
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: rcexpresshdr.jpg]

Ivan Lintin and the Devitt RC Express Racing team concluded their campaign at the 2016 Isle of Man TT races in fine style on Friday afternoon with an excellent tenth place in the Senior TT.

Mist on the island led to the race being delayed by over three hours, eventually getting underway at 3.45pm, but when it did, the Lincolnshire rider set off at an excellent pace and with his opening lap being 127.909mph, he slotted into 14th place.

Another 127mph lap second time around enabled Ivan to hold onto 14th place but a rapid pit stop saw him jump up three places to 11th at half race distance. A new personal best lap of the Mountain Course on the fourth lap, 127.948mph, meant he still lay in 11th place but with Steve Mercer being forced to retire, he was promoted up the order to tenth with two laps to go and he successfully saw out the race to claim a superb top ten finish.

Team-mate Alan Bonner was also back in action and with a lap in excess of 125mph, he slotted into 22nd place at the end of the first lap. This was where he stayed until lap three when he moved up three places to 19th but all hopes of a top 15 finish ended on the fifth lap when he missed his braking marker at the Creg ny Baa and crashed out at little more than 10mph, fortunately without injury.

Ivan Lintin: 

“I’ve got to be happy with a top ten finish in the Senior TT! I didn’t quite lap as fast as I would have liked but still set a new personal best and was consistently in the 127mph bracket so it’s a good way to end this year’s TT. I had a pretty steady race and could see Steve and Martin Jessopp in front of me, eventually getting by Martin and the team did a mega job in the pits again. I can’t fault the week and obviously the Lightweight win was the highlight but I’ve been happy with all my rides and results.”

Alan Bonner:

“It’s been one of those TT’s for me and lady luck’s just not been on our side but fair play to the whole Devitt RC Express Racing team, they’ve done everything they could for me this fortnight. The bike was getting better all the time and even at the pits we made some changes which helped even more but I was a bit lazy on the brakes going into the Creg and ended up hitting the bales at about 10mph and toppling over. It hasn’t been my TT but well done to Ivan and thanks again to the whole team and my personal sponsors for making it all possible.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-owner:

“We’re chuffed to bits with Ivan’s top ten finish and it’s rounded off a good week for him and the team. He set a new personal best lap and when you look at the names of the riders who finished ahead of him, he’s in some illustrious company. The team did a great job in the pits with both Ivan and Alan and it’s just a shame Alan had his little off as a top 15 finish was within his grasp. Luck’s been against him this week but he’ll bounce back stronger. It’s been a massive team effort this fortnight and I can’t thank the boys enough for all their hard work.”

The team now head to Scarborough for the Cock o’ the North road races on June 18-19.

[Image: Ivanlintinsenior.jpg]
Tenth was a great result for Ivan

[Image: Alanbonnersenior.jpg]
Luck again deserted Alan in the Senior Race

Pictures by Stephen Davison – Pacemaker Press International

10-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Website Find Reply