Ian Lougher's TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ian Lougher's TT
[Image: lougheronsuterqbridge.jpg]

''Well the 2016 Isle of Man TT is now finally over, and as normal the all of a sudden tired feeling you get hits you like a smack in the face from Mike Tyson as soon as you shut off at the end of the 3 week visit to Mona's Isle. 

It's more mental tiredness than phyisical that catches up with you, although I must admit I have a few aches and pains now after muscling round a 130kg 576cc two stroke as well!!!

At the end of it all, the results certainly don't do justice to the amount of hard work and enthusiasm that was put into the whole event by every member of the Suter racing team, Asa and myself.

You would think after looking at my results from the two races that I would be upset or angry in not achieving more, well speaking as a motorcycle racer, of course I am disappointed in not finishing higher and lapping quicker, that's normal in a racer's eyes, but looking at it in a way I have never had to encounter before and consider the fact that this is a brand new bike (all Suter engineered), a brand new 576cc two stroke engine with fuel injection (not been done before on a race bike), and it was only definitely decided to go to the TT to compete less than 12 weeks ago, then I feel like we achieved a hell of a lot in a very short space of time together.

When I signed up for this role of testing and racing the Suter, ''the beast'' as they named it, I knew it would be a lot of hard work but also a great chance to work with one of the best engineering companies in the world, and I must say they didn't disappoint. They have created far and away the most beautiful, innovative and talked about bike at this years TT.

We gelled instantly, and had a truely great working experience together, something which is hard to achieve in my long time involved in the sport and in an, at times, very stressful island .

We both learned in bucket loads and have lots of data gathered in readiness for a proper assault on next year's races.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Eskil, Philippe, Asa, Alex, Reto, Didier, Haggi, Fred and the rest of the SRT team for all their hard work and true professionalism, it was fantastic to work with you guys. I would also like to thank the marshals for their great work at the TT, we would be nothing without you.

Finally, the saddest part is to pass on my best wishes to all the family and friends of all the competitors who lost their lives during the Isle of Man festival, Team ILR's thoughts are with you.''
17-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Website Find Reply