ILR- Knockhill spill rules Courtney out for weeks
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR- Knockhill spill rules Courtney out for weeks
[Image: connalcourtneyatknockhill.jpg]
Connall Courtney at Knockhill with Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher and mechanic Matt Jackson.
Photo: Team ILR

Injury rules Courtney out for weeks

There was bitter disappointment for Team ILR's Connall Courtney in the fourth round of the Hel Motostar British Championship, when the young Warrenpoint rider's weekend came to a premature conclusion in the first qualifying session.

After a promising start to the weekend, Courtney approached the first session with determination. 

However, just like his Superstock 1000 team mate Nadieh Schoots, Connall was taken out by another rider as he pushed hard for a good qualifying time.

He was examined trackside by the circuit doctors and was declared unfit to continue.

Further examination revealed the finger to be dislocated and broken, resulting in a visit for Connall to hospital where he put a brave face on things.

Connall Courtney: 

"I was feeling really good today and battling hard until the incident which put me out. It's unfortunate, but these things happen. I have had the bones pinned and a skin graft but unfortunately it's looking like I'll be out of action for longer than I thought. As always, thanks to my team, my dad and my sponsors and also to all the medical staff at Dundee and at Knockhill."

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher: 

"Connall was progressing good in Q1 only to be knocked off going into the hairpin with three minutes to go.

Such a pity as he seemed to have gelled with Knockhill on his first visit. He has done enough damage to his finger needing skin grafts to be out for at least the next round or two, his poor dad has had plenty of time sitting around in hospitals over the last couple of days.

From all at Team ILR we wish Connall a speedy recovery."

[Image: lougherplainlogo.jpg]
28-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Website Find Reply