ULSTER GP: Organisers not giving up on Guy Martin return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ULSTER GP: Organisers not giving up on Guy Martin return
[Image: guyatdundrod.jpg]

The MCE Insurance Ulster Grand Prix organisers haven’t given up hope that Guy Martin will be in action at Dundrod in August.

The Tyco BMW rider hasn’t raced since he crashed out at Ireland’s Bend while leading the Dundrod 150 Superbike race last year.

Martin skipped the Isle of Man TT to compete in the Tour Divide Mountain Bike event and it remains to be seen whether or not the Lincolnshire rider gets back in the saddle.

Next week’s Southern 100 on the Isle of Man should shed more light on Martin’s future plans in road racing, with the reigning Solo Champion making no secret of his love for the annual race on the Billown course.

Martin’s absence next week would be telling, although the Armoy meeting at the end of July would offer another opportunity for the Grimsby rider to blow off the cobwebs should he be considering racing at the Ulster Grand Prix a few weeks’ later.

Clerk of the Course Noel Johnston certainly hasn’t ruled out the possibility.

“We’re hoping that Guy will be back at the Ulster once again this August, and while he might be short on track time this season you could never bet against him at Dundrod, as he’s enjoyed so many great races here before,”
Johnston said.

A quality line-up has been assembled and one man who is eager to build on his stunning Superbike win last year is Peter Hickman, who will ride the JG Speedfit Kawasaki machines at Dundrod.

“I can’t wait to get to the Ulster, and if the weather is good I can see the lap record going,” said the British Superbike contender.

“It’s a special place for me, the scene of my first international road race win and to add another to the tally would be fantastic.”

The MCE Insurance Ulster Grand Prix, officially launched in Lisburn on Monday, July 4, takes place from August 10-13.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
05-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply