FEATURED QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI HEAD TO SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FEATURED QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI HEAD TO SNETTERTON
[Image: skywalkerpresnett.jpg]

Snetterton, Norfolk is the next circuit to be visited by the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team with another busy programme in store over the course of the three days this weekend. Once again, the full team will be in attendance with two races each for the MCE British Superbike Championship, Dickies British Supersport Championship and Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship.

Local rider Luke Mossey is again expected to lead the team’s challenge in the MCE British Superbike Championship races and having taken his first podium of the season last time out at Knockhill, the Cambridge rider is keen to continue with his rich vein of form and impress at his local circuit. The 23-year old is currently lying tenth in the overall standings but positions are close and a good haul of points on Sunday will see him move up the table and close in on the coveted top six Showdown positions.

Like Mossey, team-mate Filip Backlund enjoyed a productive time at the Norfolk venue last month when all the teams participated in an official test and he’s looking to bounce back from a nasty second race crash at Knockhill. The Swede arrives at one of his favourite circuits still searching for his first points of the season and will be hoping to get inside the top 15, at least, come race day on Sunday.

Also hoping to bounce back from a disappointing time in Scotland is the third of the solo team members, Andy Reid. A solitary eighth place finish from the two races saw the Northern Irishman relinquish his lead in the Dickies British Supersport Championship for the first time this season but, having recorded the second fastest time at the test last month, he’ll be confident of closing the gap, which currently stands at 22 points, to James Westmoreland.

Fourth team member Ricky Stevens had an eventful time at the last round but two podiums saw him claim the lead in the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship for the first time this season. The Havant driver achieved that with stand-in passenger Charlie Richardson but is hoping to have regular ballast Ryan Charlwood, who dislocated his shoulder in free practice at Knockhill, back on board.

Luke Mossey: 

“Having taken my first podium of the season at Knockhill, I’m certainly looking to continue that form this weekend and if I could get two more podiums I’d be well happy! I enjoy the circuit and it’s my local round and although I don’t feel any extra pressure because of that, a lot of family and friends will be at the meeting so I’m keen to put on a good show in front of them. The test went well last month and we found a good setting so, with the weather forecast looking good, I’ll be looking to hit the ground running right from the off.”

Filip Backlund: 

“My elbow and hip are a little bit sore after the crash at Knockhill but I’m confident it won’t affect me on the bike this weekend. We had a little test at Mallory Park earlier this week where we worked on the braking going into the corners and we made some good improvements so that, coupled with the strong test at Snetterton last month, has put me in a confident mood. I love the circuit and it’s where I had my best result in 2015 so I’m hopeful for more of the same this time around.”

[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]
07-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply