Milwaukee BMW - Laguna Seca Free Practice Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee BMW - Laguna Seca Free Practice Report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes: - FP1: 1'26.076 - FP2: 1'25.246

“It was a pleasant surprise to learn the track so quickly; it only took me a few laps to feel comfortable riding on it.

It was good today to really focus on the bike instead of figuring out how to ride the track. We’ve been using quite a unique setting this weekend to help speed up some changes, such as the chassis and gearing.

At first it felt quite nervous, but the team worked hard and it quickly improved and felt much easier to ride. Overall it was a useful day and I hope we can put it to good effect in Superpole and Race One.”

Karel Abraham: - FP1: 1'25.734 - FP2: 1'25.066

“It’s good to be riding at Laguna Seca again. It’s a track I enjoy and it’s a different challenge to the rest of this year’s circuits.

We’ve made a lot of changes to the bike today, mainly on the set-up and the electronics. I think we made a big step between FP1 and FP2, and before the second session we discussed some things I could change in my riding style, which also improved our performance.

We need to look over all the data to see where we are strong and where we can do better, but I think we can get closer to the rest of the field and have some good results tomorrow.”

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator:

“We’ve had a trouble-free day of running. The main focus has been the riders getting dialled into the track, and making sure they are in a position to really push their bikes.

It takes a different mind-set to attack at Laguna Seca than it does at most tracks this season. Josh hasn’t ridden here before and Karel hasn’t raced here for a few years, so getting them both comfortable and confident is key.

We’ll go through all the data now and make the most of it so that we are in a strong position for Saturday.”

[Image: milwaukeeboysgeneral.jpg]

09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Website Find Reply