Milwaukee - Laguna Race Two report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee - Laguna Race Two report
[Image: milwaukeebmwlogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes - GRID: 15th - RACE FINISH: Retired

“I got a much better start in Race Two, despite the confusion with the lights which caught everyone out. I managed to settle into the pack around me and was keeping up with their pace.

Then on the run into Turn 2 I carried too much speed in trying to keep up with the guys ahead, and I dropped the bike. I picked it up and was ready to finish the race, but I noticed some of the fairing was hanging off and when I got back to the garage we decided it was safest to retire the bike.

It was a shame to end the weekend like that, but I’ve enjoyed riding Laguna Seca for the first time and we were able to test a few new things. There’s a long break before the next round at Lausitz in Germany, so we’ll be using that time to prepare and make sure we can deliver strong results.”

[Image: joshbrookeslagunarace2.jpg]

Karel Abraham - GRID: 17th - RACE FINISH: 12th

“I was really pleased to finish in 12th and get some more points. It wasn’t a great start because there was some kind of problem with the start procedure and the lights, and I actually stalled the bike because they kept changing.

After the red flag and restart I had a good fight with de Rosa and I was pushing him all the way. Towards the end of the race I was having some issues with the front, and it was sliding quite a lot so I couldn’t push as hard as I wanted. I managed to overtake him on the last lap but the front kept slipping, so I had to settle behind him at the finish.

Overall it was a good race and we learnt a lot this weekend. Now we have a long break before we are racing again so we’ll use that time to prepare for the rest of the season, and I’m looking forward to riding again at Lausitzring in September.”

[Image: karlabramlagunarace2.jpg]

Mick Shanley, Team Coordinator

“We had mixed fortunes in Race Two. Josh was running well but he pushed a little too hard trying to attack the riders ahead, and he lost the front at Turn 2. He nursed the bike back to the pits but unfortunately we had to retire the bike due to damage.

Karel lost out at the start when the lights were flickering, and that hurt our grid position at the restart. He had quite a lot of ground to make up and a few riders to pass, but after that he was setting good, fast laps consistently. If he had started higher then there’s no doubt he could have been running around 9th place, so there are some definite positives to take from his performance.

It was good for us to score points in both races, but overall it was a frustrating weekend and we know that we should be quicker. Heading into the summer break we’ll be busy prepping the bikes and parts to make sure we are at 100% for Round 10 at Lausitzring.”

11-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply