Scott ends up 4th after a stunning race.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Scott ends up 4th after a stunning race.
[Image: reddingsachsenring.jpg]

Scott ends up 4th after a stunning race. Petrux dominates 10 laps before crashing.

The high lights of Octo Pramac Yakhnich on a Sunday characterized by unstable weather conditions that forced the riders starting with wet tires and then change their bikes as the track started to dry.

Scott misses the start turning the first corner in twentieth but quickly realizes to have a great feeling with his Ducati Desmosedici GP. The British rider recovers positions lap by lap entering the pits in seventh place with 10 laps remaining. Back on track with intermediate tires, Scott managed to continue his comeback starting the last lap in second position. Unfortunately Crutchlow and Dovizioso (later returned to the pits and out again with slick tires) were faster in the last lap. For Scott the disappointment of a missed podium but also the satisfaction of an extraordinary race after his third place in Assen.

Petrux was awesome from the start. Started in fourth place, after a good battle with Marquez he can easily overcome before Valentino Rossi and Andrea Dovizioso and lead easily the race. On the tenth lap, unfortunately, he lost the front and the dream of a first MotoGP victory vanishes.

4th - SCOTT REDDING

If someone had told me yesterday that I could finish fourth I would not have believed. It is clear: I'm sorry for not being on the podium for the second time in a row but I am happy for this race. I made a mistake at the beginning but I felt good on the bike and started to recover position. Tyre choice? This was the best option. There is no communication with the team during the race and this makes it difficult. And then when I left the pits the track was still too wet for slicks. I thank the whole team for the great job done.

DNF - DANILO PETRUCCI

It was great to be in front. We had chosen to use the front hard tire ìand it was the right choice because after a few laps the track began to dry. I was the only one in the group ahead with that rubber and Marquez and Redding who had done the same choice were struggling. I was trying to handle even though I had already taken a big risk. Then the front closed without any warnings. I'm very sorry for the team who did an awesome job. We were fast even in the dry and I would have liked to run in these conditions. However, I must say that we come out of this weekend with great confidence. We are on track and we have to continue like this.

[Image: octopramaclogo.jpg]
17-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Website Find Reply